Re: [compost_tea] pump

From: mike mcardle <mmac7373_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 12:34:39 -0800 (PST)

I was wondering if you were to put the compost in its own filter bag if it would still creat a tea high in nutrients. I am beggining to start brewing my own tea and wondering the best ways myself

pierre charles crozat <pccrozat_at_fastmail.fm> wrote:
hello
we are conducting tests on a ACT machine. the compost is flowing
freely in the tank. a strainer protects the pump (centrifugeal
pump). the problem that we have is that the sand in the compost is
wearing the mechanical seal and we rapidely have leakages and the
seal has to be replaced.
1/ we are wondering if there are pumps that would be more suited to
the type of wear that goes with the mineral component of the compost
that we use (we are not too keen on straining much more than we do)
2/ we like the results that we have with compost flowing freely, but
maybe this is not a sound solution from a technical point of view.
any input?
thank you
pcc