[compost_tea] Re: Standard approved method for determination of ACT activity

From: dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2005 05:47:00 -0000

--- At the cheese plant we used to run a starter activity to help
determine how much starter to use in the 20,000 pound vat of milk
that day. We didn't have species diversity as there is in ACT
however we did have 2 desired species. Wonder whether that could be
helpful in ACT testing? Seems like it could be used to determine ACT
activity. Any ideas?? Dennis

In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Robert Norsen <bnbrew@y...> wrote:
> SFI tests indicate active and total on both bacteria and fungi.
That might be what is considered ACT activity.  Is high active
better than low active with the same high total?  I will let someone
else answer that.   Bob

> dkemnitz2000 <dkemnitz2000_at_y...> wrote:
>
> Is there such a thing? Dennis
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

Yahoo! Groups Links