Re: [compost_tea] raw horse manure

From: David Anderson <squtch_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 14:17:58 -0800
On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 14:04:23 -0900, Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com> wrote:

> Compost tea and manure tea are two different things. You take your
> chances with manure teas.  This list is for aearated compost teas.
>
> Jeff

I'm not so sure that I agree with this, if you use it within certain
bounds. The same thing can be said for compost tea, though it has
wider bounds.

You absolutely should not use raw manure tea as a foliar spray on your
leaf lettuce. On the other hand, you aren't taking much of a risk
using an aged manure tea as a soil drench when you are transplanting
your tomatoes

Dave

Yahoo! Groups Links