Re: [compost_tea] Flow rate for air pumps

From: Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 19:39:34 -0900
Well, all I know about fungi and air is that one of our customers had
low fungal numbers.  By increasing the air...we were able to get the
fungal numbers and diameters way up to high levels. We literally had to
double the pumps. I suppose we should have published the information.
Unfortunately, all the customerr wanted was higher fungal numbers.
So, my experience is that when numbers are higher than 6mg/liter,
tested fungal numbers were higher.

Cheers,

Jeff
Plant a Row in your garden to feed the hungry. Join Plant A Row for the
Hungry. Ask me how. www.gwaa.org/Par/index.html

Yahoo! Groups Links