RE: [compost_tea] Container growing with ACT

From: Nye, Christine <cnye_at_sheddaquarium.org>
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2005 12:07:06 -0600

I would also.
Christine Nye
John G. Shedd Aquarium
1200 S Lake Shore Drive
Chicago IL 60605
312/692-3139
FAX 312/939-8001

-----Original Message-----
From: Jason Austin [mailto:jason.austin_at_shaw.ca]
Sent: Friday, February 18, 2005 11:52 AM
To: compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [compost_tea] Container growing with ACT

I certainly would.

Jason

Robert Norsen wrote:

Jim hi I think most of us would like to follow your research, Bob

James Toler <mailto:tolers_at_earthlink.net> <tolers_at_earthlink.net> wrote:

Hi Butch

We are giving a class in sustainable agriculture at a local community
college in Salem (Oregon). Part of the class involves germination and we
set up 160 gallon pots. Forty pots contain commercial potting soil with
water only, forty pots contain commercial potting soil with a premium
compost tea, forty pots contain a soil mix of 2/3 topsoil and 1/3 compost
with water only and forty pots contain the soil mix of 2/3 topsoil and 1/3
compost with a comost tea drench. We will look at germination rates, plant
vigor and damping off rates. If you contact me off list in about 4 weeks, I
should be able to report some results.

Jim Toler
Willamette Organics

Yahoo! Groups Links