[compost_tea] Re: Flow rate for air pumps

From: lawnjockeynick <nick_at_lawnjockey.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2005 01:29:10 -0000

After purchasing three different manufacturered brewers and building
one of my own, I've had a little time to look at the pros and cons
of brewers. You don't want a brewer that will leave a dense sediment
at the bottom. The first brewer we purchased had that problem. So,
if I'm going to buy or build another brewer, that would be my first
concern. In building a brewer, I'm going to buy the tank first and
then I would call the diffuser manufacturer, I'd give them the size
of my tank - they will match the diffuser(s) to my tank size - so
there would not be any sediment buildup and no area left
unoxygenated. They also tell me how many cfm's these diffusers will
need and psi for the depth for the diffuser to perform at optimal
capacity. Then I would call the diaphram pump or regenative blower
manufacturer and explain to him the cfm's needed for the diffusers
and the psi and then the depth of the tank. They would tell me the
part number of the compressor or blower needed. Remember everyone
has customer service/engineers that are happy to help you with any
of your projects. Vortex brewers are pretty cool, too. Nick

Yahoo! Groups Links