[compost_tea] Re: smell while brewing

From: pierre charles crozat <pccrozat_at_fastmail.fm>
Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2005 10:55:42 -0000

hi bob
We aerate at a rate of 5 liters of air per litre of liquide per
hour. Could that be insufficient? The brew is mixed very well during
the whole process and there are no stagnation areas in the tank.

--- In compost_tea_at_yahoogroups.com, Robert Norsen <bnbrew@y...>
wrote:
> Pierre, How do you KNOW you are well aerated?  What nutrients do
you use?  some take a LOT of air !  Your smell test sounds like not
enough air.   Bob

> pierre charles crozat <pccrozat_at_f...> wrote:
>
> When we brew ACT we have at about T+24H a smell that is not as
> pleasant as the smell of good fermenting ACT. It lasts for about
10
> to 12 hours and is then replaced by a pleasant "neutral" smell.
The
> brew is well aerated during the whole process and we are probably
ok
> for nutrients (ie we don't feed the brew too much). What should we
> understand about the process from that smell?
>

> Yahoo! Groups Links

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links