Re: [compost_tea] too much N

From: Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 11:10:08 -0900
John,

  Traditional gardening advice is that if the CN ratio is above 15:1 the
nitrogen becomes unavailable to plants. So under this notion, you would
want to add lots and lots of carbon to the soil. How?  Sawdust?......

My problem with this is that the nitrogen will get locked up in the
microbiology and sooner or later that will be released. May be Elaine
could explain what goes on better than I can!  In fact, I AM SURE she
can!

Cheers,

jeff
www.alaskahumus.com
(50 pounds makes an awful lot of tea!)

Plant a Row in your garden to feed the hungry. Join Plant A Row for the
Hungry. Ask me how. www.gwaa.org/Par/index.html

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
click here

Yahoo! Groups Links