Re: [compost_tea] too much N

From: butch ragland <wilddog_202_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 13:44:23 -0800 (PST)
Again, more question than argument. I assumed anywhere
below the surface would involve the biology present.
Above the ground then the biology would come to the
sawdust and carry down what it could handle. I know
that I'm talking about a small change if only a small
amount is mixed into existing soil. I'm defining soil
as that below composting mulch as opposed to soil made
from existing soil with say ACT added or previously
decomposed matter. I know its a minor point but I want
to understand the process?
--- Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com> wrote:
> Yes, you are correct re the sawdust on the top of
> the soil....You could
> mix it in..
>
> Cheers,
>
> jeff
> Plant a Row in your garden to feed the hungry. Join
> Plant A Row for the
> Hungry. Ask me how. www.gwaa.org/Par/index.html

Butch Ragland
Conflict is as addictive as