Re: [compost_tea] too much N

From: butch ragland <wilddog_202_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 16:55:02 -0800 (PST)
Thanks
You added to my knowledge but not my specific question
which is not a tea or tomatoe question. It is, lets
call it a compost question.
1. Does sawdust placed on top of the soil in
relatively small quanities tie up soil N.
2. Does sawdust incorporated in the soil tie up soil
N.

There is large quantities of sawdust in this area and
I've been wondering about ACT as a way to reduce the
volume or turn it into a beneficial product. Yes, I
know it can be used as a bulking agent with certain
other feed stocks.

--- Jeff Lowenfels <jeff_at_gardener.com> wrote:
> Butch, you are concerned about the rizosphere, where
> all those great
> nitrogen fixing bacteria make the nitrogen available
> to the tomato
> plants.

Butch Ragland
Conflict is as addictive as