[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: News Advisory: Still Crazy After Oil These Years!

On 19 Jul 1996, Scott Nudds wrote:

> Date: 19 JUL 1996 03:44:05 -0400
> From: Scott Nudds <af329@james.freenet.hamilton.on.ca>
> Newgroups: alt.energy.renewable, alt.save.the.earth,
>     alt.sustainable.agriculture, talk.environment, sci.environment,
>     sci.energy, bionet.agroforestry
> Subject: Re: News Advisory: Still Crazy After Oil These Years!
>
> David Beorn
> : Exactly - human CO2 is basically insignificant compared to what nature
> : produces.
>
>   Very false.  The actions of man have substantially increased the
> amount of CO2 in the atmosphere, and rates of emission continue to
> increase.

And where is your evidence of this????

>   You might as well try to argue that you can not die from 1 litre of
> water because your body is contains 81 times as much without any harm at
> all.

And that would probably be true - I doubt if I would die - unless you
injected it in my veins of something.  But I don't see the analogy.
Don't "environmentalists" contend we are THE MAJOR contributor to CO2
productions, ozone depletion, etc??  Your analogy would seem to indicate
that you realize it's small but you want to maintain that it's still more
harmful anyway.  The point here was NOT that CO2 production was small as
a percentage of the EXISTING CO2 but small as a percent of the GENERATED
CO2 - i.e. NEWLY generated.

>   You have a closed mind John Boy.  You should really try to open it.

Hardly - I'm open to any evidence you might have on this subject and any
solid proof of YOUR contentions - but I suspect you have little or none
and will hold fast to your conclusions despite the evidence (which is
what *I* would call closed minded).

Despite what many scientists would have you believe, there are still many
unknowns in our world, and the more we find out, the more we realize
that we don't know.  Yes - out knowledge is greatly increased over years
past but we also have a complex world and we've got a LOT to learn.

	Dave

        *        David Beorn, david.beorn@pobox.com (internet)        *
        *        Virginia FREENET                                     *

Follow-Ups: References: