[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: News Advisory: Still Crazy After Oil These Years!

Aside from one gratuitous insult about my knowledge of physics (I
have taught the subject for many years, but would readily admit that
Rod Adams may know more about it than me) this response was
reasonable but still, I think, mistaken. To ignore the problems that
have occured in plutonium-fuelled reactors such as the Superphoenix
is typical of the rose-colored spectacled approach of many in the
nuclear industry. If this technology was so wonderful, one would
expect to have seen it adopted in countries other than the energy
source desperate France and Japan. My original point was that very
long lived nuclides are concentrated, to an extent increased and
subjected to the proven vagaries of human handling, where they
become an increasing danger to life in general. I have heard nothing
from Mr. Adams to refute this. I also did not support increased use
of fossil fuels, as was implied, but increased use of alternative
energy sources, which is what this newsgroup (al.energy.renewable)
is supposed to be about. Can we get back to the topic? I, and I
suspect other readers, would prefer that future comments be directed
to me personally,although I doubt that that will happen.
Mike