[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: Definition "Sustainable Agriculture"

Sustainable Agriculture Organic farming its the same thing.
An annual $10,000 award guaranteed for ten years for land stewardship
donated by Dr Friedrich Mumm von Mallinckrodt
was presented for the first time today at the closing session of the
International Conference on Organic Agriculture in
Copenhagen.Dr Mumm von Mallinckrodt decided to donate the cash award because
after 25 years work in international organizations
applying mostly conventional approaches or half-hearted attempts to finding
sustainable methods, he found a new
message in the NGO movement when preparing for the Earth Summit. "I am today
convinced that organic farming, which is
sustainable agriculture in its purest form, is the answer to the fundamental
constraints placed on hundreds of millions of the
poorest farmers ? women and men. I want this prize to be a recognition and
encouragement to the worldwide movement
of sensible uses of natural resources."