[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

An old approach is New Approach in Agriculture

IMHO now a days organic farming can come real close to producing as much as
current agri. practices and if more research was done maybe even out
produce it plus it is sustainable .  Its the soil life that holds food for
the plants where as  chemicals end up in the water supply. Growing organic
may be the only  way some poorer countries will be able to increase crops.
Most current agri practices are not sustainable because they kill that soil
life and disturbs their habitat.  If you would like supporting evidence
check http://www.rain.org/~sals/ingham.html and learn some basic biology.
The  Science of living things.  IMHO if we want to feed the growing world
population we need to be more sustainable and the tools we use have to go
in  that direction and not short term produce with long term ecological
damage. The soil you save may be your own. IMHO we need more research into
the things we have know have been working for 1000's of years biology and
less chemical/engineering stuff which is changing life on earth as we know
it today.

An Organic farming homepage
http://www.rain.org/~sals/my.html
sals@rain.org