[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

CSA grower sought for Iowa

The Magic Beanstalk CSA in Ames, Iowa is seeking an experienced vegetable
producer for 1997. In our second year, we had 35 full share equivalents,
and feel the demand for next year is greater than our local organic
growers can meet. Our vision is to keep growing as a multiple producer
cooperative with a central distribution site.
Core group members have organized and received funding for two offshoot
projects for 1997. "Field to Family" hopes to increase educational and
community involvement with the CSA, especially through churches and human
services agencies. A student-run CSA/permaculture farm at ISU would be
another producer for the CSA and demonstrate sustainable and holistic
planning techniques.
Interested persons can email Jeff Hall at jrhall@iastate.edu or call
Marilyn Andersen at (515) 388-5501 for more information.
--
Jeff Hall
jrhall@iastate.edu

"To create community we need to love each other, trust each other and help
each other; that is hard."
--Wendell Berry