http://stensund.nu/aqua/     Check it out!!

From:  "MikeB." <dreadlox@cwjamaica.com>

To:     http://stensund.nu/aqua/     Check it out!!

Hello Guys...

Fist of all, this is one FANTASTIC site you have!!! Thanks for sharing
so in depth.
A friend and I would like to build something similar to take care
biologically of our pretreated sewage waste..

We both had a look at the Living Machines site, and are now wondering
whether we will be able to bring the level of coliform down as low as
possible without the use of UV, as required by the local authorities.
We are in Jamaica!!
We have waste from 20 people and our system deals with 300 gals a day.
We would like to bring the coliform levels down from near 2000 units to
about <= 100 !! Is this possible, using plants and aquatic animals
alone, and which plants would you recommend, what do you think??

Below is a mail he sent me today... Thanks Mike.

Hey Mike,

I took a look at the living machine and I see a few points we should
look at. Firstly, I noticed that when used at sewage generating
facilities, the
final discharge from the living machine is usually disinfected via
chlorine/UV.

I was hoping to eliminate the use of such disaffection via the plants as
you mentioned, however now I wonder if the treatment level given by
the plants is actually sufficient to bring within regulatory standards
of < 100MPN/100ml.

Yada yada...
Any directions?

Thanks...Mike