(fwd) Re: More American Chestnut Restoration Websites

On Fri, 14 Jan 2000 06:08:56 GMT, in triangle.gardens "Ed"
<ceengr@usit.net> wrote:

Anyone interested in American Chestnut restoration or planting
American
Chestnut Trees may want to check out my WebPages at
http://www.geocities.com/RainForest/Canopy/1436/ .  It has information
about
different organizations involved in restoration as well as sources of
American Chestnut seednuts and saplings.

The American Chestnut Cooperators Foundation (ACCF) at VirginiaTech
University makes it possible for the layman to actively participate in
American Chestnut restoration by distributing seednuts from their
breeding
program, to those interested.  ACCF uses pure American Chestnuts (not
hybrids) that exhibit some resistance to blight in their breeding
program.
Their homepage linked from my page, has information about starting
chestnuts
from seed, blight and detailed information about restoration.  They
also
have seedlings at $1.00 per tree in bundles of 25.

Lawrence F. London, Jr.  Venaura Farm
http://metalab.unc.edu/intergarden
/permaculture /intergarden/orgfarm /ecolandtech
lflondon@mindspring.com  london@metalab.unc.edu