Re: Poor Man's Fertilizer

You are quite right about phosphorus!
You can look at the body/eart crust composition at
http://www.etn.lu.se/~folke_g/recirk/Eng/elemdgr.html
There, you can also see that the amount in air is negligible. Of course, if there is at lot of dust in the air, there can be some.
The best way to avoid phosphorus losses is to get the urine bak to the land, both from people and animals.
Look at
http://www.etn.lu.se/~folke_g/recirk/sv/urin.html
for the concentration. One person has a turnover of about 0.7 kg phosphorus per year.
For a perfect circulation see:
http://www.etn.lu.se/~folke_g/recirk/Eng/balanced.html

Your
FG

"David I." wrote:

 I remember being told in my  Biodynamic Farming training that snow [even before airborne pollution] contributes significant amounts of Phosphors. I wonder how it gets there in the first place, I suppose from the 100 or so tons/day of space material that enters earth's atmosphere. Phosphors was the most difficult macro nutrient to retain on the farm in a 'closed system' and is the one in shortest world wide supply.
Many of our 180 share families bring back food residues to the farm. In season this amounts to 40 to 50       5 gal buckets each week. Does anyone have a source for reasonably priced liners that could be used to avoid washing them or a another system for handling this material with minimal work for our farm staff and low nuisance for our membership?Yours
David Inglis
Mahaiwe Harvest C.S.A.
Housatonic MA

Folke Günther +46 (0)46/ 14 14 29 el. +46 (0)46/222 36 98.
Kollegievägen 19, 224 73 Lund, Sweden
---
I haven't lost my mind -- it's backed up on tape somewhere.