Lehman's Non-electric Catalog

http://secure02.ecommercesoftware.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/CategoryDisplay?cgmenbr=12426&cgrfnbr=12856&FROM_CAT_REF=12853
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr.  Venaura Farm
intergarden.com  InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm AGINFO
lflondon@mindspring.com  london@metalab.unc.edu
Title: Lehman's Non-electric Catalog

View or change your order Send in your order Login to Lehmans Register for Lehmans View or change your address info, etc.
Homestead Tools
Gardening Tools
Seeders, Planters and Cultivators
Wheelbarrows

Gardening Tools

The last rake you'll ever buy
Used by state parks to keep the grounds tidy and by the U.S. Forestry Service to put out forest fires! Ingeniously designed and ruggedly built - out-performs and outlasts both plastic and metal rakes.

Unbreakable tempered spring steel tines give just enough to make raking comfortable, but resist permanent bending. In our tests we stepped on them and bent them grotesquely backwards. . .and they sprung back into perfect position! Strong, carbon steel frame (1/8 in. x 5/8 in.) securely holds tines and is bolted to handle. Replaceable tines and metal handle, lifetime warranty on head. USA made.

Lawn Rake
Head 19 in. Wx16 in. L, tines 13 gauge, handle 42 in. L x 7/8 in. OD. Buy two or more, receive $1.00 off each.; #612231; $ 15.95

Heavy Duty Rake
Head 19 in. Wx19 in. L, tines 11 gauge, handle 42 in. Lx1 1/8 in. OD. Buy two or more, receive $1.00 off each.; #912211; $ 17.95

"[This rake] is our major tool for building hand-made firelines. The tempered spring steel teeth and the steel frames take the rough treatment in heavy fuel and rocky terrain. However, it is springy enough to remove the leaves and pine needles from between the rocks."
–John R. Kullman, Missouri Dpt. of Conservation

Old fashioned ice tongs save work in the garden
Hand-forged steel for moving ties, small logs, and timbers into position. Build raised beds, terraces, log homes, etc! Ends splinter-filled, creosote-covered and pinched hands. The heavier the log, the tighter it clamps onto the timber. 14 in. L, 5 in.-12 in. gripping range, 4 lb; #191045; $ 54.95

"The quick and generous way you handled my complaint impressed me. As I read your catalog and occasionally make orders I am impressed by your straightforward descriptions of products and your good, better and best, system."
–Elizabeth Dyer in New Zealand

"Within 30 minutes of receiving the Italian Grape Hoe, I had assembled it and was busy scraping off some weedy ground. Works beautifully!"
–Dino W in Lincoln, AL

Our Heaviest Hoe
Bites into the hardest hardpan and the stoniest scrabble with ease! Farmers on the rock-strewn Alpine slopes of Europe and in the sun-baked clay of Africa rely on this same hoe. Hardened blade stays sharp longer. Forged from a single piece of steel weighing nearly 3 lb. Sharp 7 in. W blade cuts to over 6 1/2 in. D and is over 1/4 in. thick near eye. 40 in. lacquered handle of hi-grade, fire-hardened hickory. Made in Austria. “Italian Grape Hoe”; #2EIG7; $ 39.95

Replacement Handle
Lacquered hickory, 40 in., USA made; #12560; $ 19.95

"...if I couldn't get another one, no one could buy it from me. It's the best hoe! I just love it."
–Janelle S in Osgood, IN

Choosing a Hoe
The Italian Grape hoe is excellent for turning soil. A light hoe gives more control for weeding without hurting desirable plants.

Our Lightest Hoe
A respected Amish sawmaker with years of garden experience built his dream hoe for us. Gooseneck blades set at precise 70 degree angle to cut parallel to ground when the user is upright. Strong, lightweight blades are formed from the same high carbon Swedish steel used in his best cutting tools. Sharply honed on three sides - use wide edge in row and narrow edges between plants. Strong 1 1/4 in. x 54 in. Sanded hickory handle. About 2 lb.

Small Blade
5 in. W blade; #AMH5; $ 25.95

Medium Blade
6 in. W blade; #AMH6; $ 26.95

Large Blade
7 in. W blade; #AMH7; $ 27.95

"The 6 inch hoe is the best I've ever used. I have never had a hoe stay so sharp - it is wonderful."
–Virginia Crawford in Jackson, MO

Controlling Weeds
Weeding gets a bad name because it's often done incorrectly. It's almost effortless if you skim the soil's surface when weeds are tiny. Don't let the weeds get established and don't bend over and chop at them. Stand upright and skim the hoe along the soil's surface. This is much easier on your back!

Break up compacted soil
Loosen the soil to over a foot deep! Compared to a tiller, this fork goes deeper, is less expensive, breaks up hardpan better, and can't destroy the soil's structure. To use, just step down firmly on the crossbar and rock back. Breaks up three times more soil per bite than a garden fork. Originally designed in Holland where heavy soils require deep and frequent cultivation. Works great in raised beds or for harvesting potatoes and other root crops. Welded square steel with tough powder coating (red). Seven 14 in. L tines. 60 in. Hx20 in. W, 15 lb, USA made.

Note: This item is shipped directly from the manufacturer. Delivery may take several weeks depending on the time of year; #28652; $ 135.00

Our Best Garden Trowels
Admirable simplicity, amazing performance! Formed from a single piece of 1/16 in. thick stainless steel that cannot bend or break (unless you drive over it). Sharp edged to bite into hard soil. Padded slip resistant grip and leather wrist thong. Professional duty, USA made, heirloom tool.

Garden Trowel
14 in. L x 3 in. W for gardens, 1 lb; #W202S; $ 14.95

Flower Trowel
10 in. L x 2 in. W for flowers, 1/2 lb; #W102S; $ 11.95

"I'm very happy with the [trowels]. I've looked for years for some like these. They're great!"
–Terry A in Hammond, IN.

E-Z Digger Oriental Garden Tool
A spade, trowel, weeder and cultivator all in one! Super-light tool weeds; digs holes for planting bulbs, seedlings or transplants; breaks up, loosens, and shovels ground; smoothes soil over seeds, digs trenches and makes furrows and mounds. Hand-forged steel with hardwood handle. Blade 6 1/2 in. L, Korean made.

Short Digger
Handle 11 in. L, 1/2 lb; #52604; $ 11.95

Long Digger
Handle 54 in. L, 1 1/2 lb; #52704; $ 19.95

"...so versatile that I use it to do work that normally would have required three different tools."
–Cathy A of Roseburg, OR.

Tractor waters your lawn or garden for you
Covers up to 12,000 square feet

You don't have to move this sprinkler to water different areas or worry about over-watering. Just attach it to garden hose, lay hose in desired pattern and turn on water. The tractor will slowly follow the hose for up to 200 feet, watering with an even, rain-like spray as it goes. When it gets to the end of its route, it automatically shuts off. Three speeds for light, medium or heavy soaking, plus neutral for watering one small area. Spray width is adjustable from 5 ft. to 60 ft. Heavy duty, cast iron body, spiked iron wheels, metal linkage, solid brass nozzles. Won't slip like lighter models with plastic wheels. 8 in. Hx8 in. Wx16 in. L, two 16 in. L arms, 22 lb, USA made.

Note: Must be used with a lightweight, 5/8 in. vinyl hose. This item is shipped directly from the manufacturer. Delivery may take several weeks depending on the time of year.; #45718; $ 119.00

Finally, a non-plastic, USA-made composter
The Compost Corral'™ natural wood look and huge capacity set it apart from other composters.

Handsome design-The simple wood and steel design of our composter fits right in with the natural beauty of a garden much better than artificial plastic units.

Three times the capacity-Most bins hold less than 15 cubic feet; ours holds up to a whopping 48! Plenty of space to take all your organic waste and build a BIG pile that really “cooks”!

Built to last-Solid steel (16 gauge) posts with a tough, powder coat green finish, stainless steel hardware. Posts sit on recycled plastic bases. Kit gives you the satisfaction of building it yourself. (Takes about an hour to assemble with a phillips screwdriver and crescent wrench.)

Easily accessible-The top is completely open for adding to the pile anytime, and the four front boards slide out quickly for removing or turning the compost. The sides slant upward to let the air in, but do not let the compost out. Freestanding unit can be moved fully assembled. Includes instructions and composting guide. 36 in. H, USA made.

You supply the 20 1 in. x 6 in. cedar boards (of any length up to 48 in. L), 12 lb.; #23300; $ 64.95

...We expect to be able to ship this item within two business days.
...Stock on this item is low. Shipping may be delayed.
...This item is backordered; shipping will be delayed. E-mail info@lehmans.com or call 888-438-5346 for more information.
...This item ships from a separate warehouse. E-mail info@lehmans.com or call 888-438-5346 for firm delivery times.

Copyright (c) 1999, Lehman Hardware and Appliances, Inc.
All rights reserved.
webmaster