(fwd) Re: Home Power's New Solar5 CD-ROM...It's Out!

On Tue, 06 Jun 2000 13:49:09 -0800, in alt.energy.homepower Don Kulha
<dkulha@vom.com> wrote:

Eventually we'll put out a DVD-ROM. At this point I don't think
there's enough
penetration into the market of DVDs to make it worthwhile (and yes,
they are a
bit pricier to produce). Now if you mean would we put it on a
non-computer type
DVD, probably no. I've got all the CD's copied to my HD, ran acrobat
catalog on
them and generated a searchable index. Granted it does burn up 2.5 gb
or
thereabouts but disk space is cheap these days (and it's really damn
fast).

Larry LaBranche wrote:

> Do you think you'll ever put em all on DVD? I think it would be outstanding,
> to have a dvd player/rom disk, stuffed to the max with home power stuff.
> That way with all these dvd players being sold, those without computers or
> very old ones could view such info. It would take a lot to be able to
> produce it, and dvd production costs are high right now.
>
> -Lawrence LaBranche

 Don Kulha,     KE6QHP   dkulha@vom.com    Healdsburg, CA
   Home Power Magazine - "The Hands-On Journal of Home-Made Power"
   About off Grid Living Since 1987 - Download Our Current Issue Free!
              Visit our Website at http://www.homepower.com
   Order Line: (800)707-6585, Subs, Back Issues, Books and CD-ROMs

Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm ICQ#27930345
lflondon@mindspring.com  london@metalab.unc.edu
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden InterGarden
metalab.unc.edu/permaculture PermaSphere
metalab.unc.edu/intergarden/orgfarm AGINFO