Tom Brown's Tracker School - Tracking, Nature & Wilderness Survival

http://www.trackerschool.com/
--
Lawrence F. London, Jr. Venaura Farm ICQ#27930345
lflondon@mindspring.com  london@metalab.unc.edu

Tracker, Inc.

TOM BROWN's Tracker School
Tracking, Nature, and Wilderness Survival

P.O. Box 173
Asbury, NJ 08802
Phone: (908) 479-4681  Fax: (908) 479-6867
Email: TrackInc@aol.com

Tom Brown personally teaches at all classes listed on the schedule
View page in:  French German Italian Portuguese Spanish

Course Catalog
 Introduction
 Standard Course
 Additional Courses
 Coyote Tracks
 (kids programs)

 Schedule
 2000 Calendar
 Enrollment Information
 Application Form
 Travel Information

Tracker School Store

Tracker Information
 Books
 True Tracks Newsletter
 Links
 Tracker Network
 Extras

 About Us
Online Communities
 Tracker School

For Class Graduates
 Standard Class
 Advanced Standard
 Advanced Tracking

 Search and Rescue

 Intensive Tracking
 Expert Tracking

 Advanced Awareness
 Expert Awareness

 Scout
 Advanced Scout
 Scout Philosophy

 Way of the Coyote
 Caretaker
 Grandfather

 Philosophy 1
 Philosophy 2
 Philosophy 3
 Philosophy 4
 Philosophy 5
 Philosophy 6

For Philosophy 1 Graduates
 Healing Is A Journey
 Healing Community

For Shadow Scouts
 Shadow Scout

Press Release - May 23, 2000

Tom Brown Jr., tracker and environmentalist, is featured in the "Natural Mysteries" exhibit at the Museum of Science in Boston, MA. read more...

New Online Community for Search and Rescue Grads

If you just got back from the Tracker School's Search and Rescue class you are eligible to participate in our online community for it. Go here to subscribe:

Search and Rescue Online Community

Search & Rescue Profiling Questions

For those of you involved or interested in Search & Rescue, here's a helpful list of profiling questions to help you gather information about the subject of your search:

Profiling Questions

Travel Info

Here are our handy links to help you in making your travel arrangements to visit us at the Tracker School.

Tracking Journals Available

Now available! Kevin Reeve developed and prototyped a Tracking Journal last year that many people were interested in. Kevin has printed these journals with additional revisions and sells them to Tracker students at classes. If you are not attending a class for a while and you still want a journal, you can mail a request to the attention of Kevin Reeve directly at the school's address above. Cost is $12 + $3 for S & H. Send a check or money order made payable to Kevin Reeve for $15 US (sorry no credit cards) and he will ship them right out.

Order Your Favorite Tracker Gear and Books Online

The Tracker School Store is now open!
  Buck Knives available in the Tracker School Store

Enter The StoreShop at the Tracker School Store

True Life Tracking Case: Where's Benny?

As reported by a Tracker School student

"After receiving [an email from Kevin Reeve, Director of the Tracker School] at around 2:30 PM local time on March 10th, I called Amy Jones, the missing subject's friend, and left her a message. I did not hear anything back from her until 6:30 PM. Since the email mentioned a missing person in the area I looked up camping sites and called the nearest state park. They'd not heard of any missing person reports. When I spoke with Amy, it became clear why. The subject, Benny Martin, had recently completed four months of detox and was now missing. "

more...

Build Your Own Home

many-sided primitive shelter
Here's an example of a shelter built by Tracker student Jiddu Krishnamurti. He describes the experience, "I built it to encourage anyone having doubts about their physical skills. I started building this shortly after I took the Tracker School's Standard Class in August 1998. I just followed the directions in Tom Brown's Field Guide to Living with the Earth."

Recommended Reading

Often we are asked for recommended books or movies. We are starting to compile some lists for you to consider and will add them to the web site as they are completed.

To start you off with some recommendations on Native American history, here is a list compiled by Jon Young. Jon was Tom's very first student. Here's Jon's list:

Books Recommended by Jon Young

The Tracker Quiz - Questions and Answers that might save your life

Some of these answers are really important to know, others are just fun and interesting. It is up to you to see if you can find the answer. No need to email an answer to us, this is for your benefit. Please DO email us any great links you find helpful in answering the question.

Previous questions

Gourmet Wilderness Food

Students cook up a great meal! The Tracker School has its own chef, Mark Tollefson, on staff to provide you with healthy, delicious,fresh food. There are vegetarian menus available at every meal. Just let us know if you have any special dietary needs before your class.

You will also be please to hear that this year all our produce is certified organic.

Stone Tools and other Workshops at the Tracker School

www.naturalduties.com "For a while now, Tom has asked me to run some stone tool workshops at the school. Well, this is the year. After arriving Thursday evening, we will go until Sunday at noon, going through the basic principles and techniques. And, we will move from hands-on percussion through to pressure flaking.

"Click on my new web site Natural Duties for all the details. You will find my site listed on the Tracker Network link page, and on the links page. Later." -- Joe Lau, Senior Instructor

Coyote Tracks Programs for Kids and Teens

Check out our great summer programs for the younger trackers in your family.

Coyote Tracks Summer Program Information

OK, It's Feedback Time

Tell us what else we can do to serve you better. If there is something that would speed your growth as a naturalist, or some further support we can provide you through our web site or our office please let us know:

Email us now!

Online Communities - NOW INCLUDE LIVE CHAT!

Notice! Tracker School Class Graduates, or those interested in being a part of the Tracker Community, can now meet online! Working together we can all make a difference.
IT'S FREE! IT'S EASY!

Join Our Tracker School Online Community it's open to anyone interested in being a part of the Tracker Family.

For Class Graduates: We urge you to join the communities listed on the left that correspond to the classes you have taken.

Select the community you wish to join from the list on the left, or find out more...

Tracker School Takes The Show On The Road

The Tracker School frequently receives phone calls from schools, organizations and various groups inquiring about the availability of Tracker School speakers and instructors for seminars and demonstrations. Check out our new program to serve you and your community:

Community Education Program

June 16 - 18, 2000, Friday - Sunday

"The Science and Art of Tracking"
Tom Brown will speak at the Omega Institute for Holistic Studies, Rhineback, NY.

Please note: Recommended Reading: Brown's books: The Tracker, The Search, The Vision, Awakening Spirits, The Way of the Scout, and Tom Brown Jr.'s Field Guide to Wilderness Survival. Be prepared to spend most of the time outdoors; dress accordingly. Bring a notebook and pen.

Call (914) 266-4444 for more information.

A Scout's Prayer

Grandfather of all Scouts...
Teach me... to be the eyes of my people.
Teach me... to move like the shadow.
Allow me... to become the winds, the rocks,the soils,
and the life forces in all its forms.
Allow me... to suffer for my people and take away their pain.
Honor me... by allowing me to die for my people...
for I love my people beyond myself,
and I will sacrifice my all for my people, my Earth and You.
Test me... beyond all hardships and pain.
Create me... as you would forge a tool...
and if you find I am worthy...
then bless me as your servant...

Your Scout

>From Master Scout "Shadow Walker" age 91. Summer of 1807, Panther Ridge, Mexico
- Vision Quest.

We would like to take a moment and introduce you to Woodlands Wildlife Refuge, Inc.

Woodlands Wildlife Refuge, Inc.They are a non-profit, charitable rehabilitation facility dedicated to the care and release of orphaned and injured wild animals. The staff and volunteers at Woodlands are well trained in animal care and are involved in educating New Jersey's human residents about their wild neighbors' habits and habitats.

Emergency Essentials Checklist

by Tom and Debbie Brown

shaman wolf jaguar shaman

This Shamanism Web Circle site,

TOM BROWN, Jr's Tracking, Nature, and Wilderness Survival School

is owned by
Tom Brown, Jr, The Tracker, Inc.

[Prev 5| Skip Prev| Prev| Next| Skip Next| Next 5| Random| List]

Survival Ring Homepage Click for next site in ring This Survival Ring site,

TOM BROWN, Jr's Tracking, Nature, and Wilderness Survival School

is owned by
Tom Brown, Jr, The Tracker, Inc.
Want to join the Survival Ring?

[Skip Prev| Prev| Next| Skip Next| Random| Next 5| List| Home| Stats]

Survival Ring HomepageThis  Emergency & Survival Preparedness Center site,

TOM BROWN, Jr's Tracking, Nature, and Wilderness Survival School

is owned by
Tom Brown, Jr, The Tracker, Inc.
Want to join the Survival&Emergency Preparedness Web Ring?

[Previous 5| Prev| Next| Next 5| Random| List]

Back to the top
© 2000 The Tracker, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Page created and maintained by Bo GulledgeEMAIL.

Please email your comments and suggestions!