Seeds of Hope...Harvest of Pride!

http://www.bright.net/~gardens/
Title: Seeds of Hope...Harvest of Pride!
Seeds of Hope...Harvest of Pride!
a resource for community vegetable gardeners by
Cultivating Our Community
Ohio State University Extension's Urban Gardening Program in Cuyahoga County

Mission Statement
We teach people how to create community gardens to improve
their lives, neighborhoods and the environment.

urban garden graphic

Vision Statement
Ohio State University Extension's Urban Gardening Program is the statewide educational resource for community gardeners. By cooperating with partners and volunteers, we help communities and schools become healthier places to live, work, and learn. We promote environmental stewardship. We train volunteer leaders from the community and connect them with available resources to create gardens that are sustained by community members. Our ideal is a supportive community that shares more, wastes less, promotes safety and beauty, and builds on understanding, tolerance and compassion.

What is Extension? What is the Urban Gardening Program?
Why is Urban Gardening Important? What are the Benefits of Community Gardening?
Test Your Gardening IQ! Gardener's ChecklistGarden Leader's Job Jar
From the Cutting BoardPreserving Your HarvestGrowing TipPoet's Row
On Common GroundCommon Ground Newsletter Bookmarks
National NotesNGA's The Garden Organizer
A Place to Grow: Voices and Images of Urban Gardeners
Building a Community ~ Building a Community Garden
Take a virtual tour of our gardening program!
See what's new for this month!

Volume 5, Number 8
Last Update: August 3, 2000
Next Update: September 1, 2000

Look at what's new for August!

Editor: Dennis Rinehart
Extension Agent, Urban Gardening
Ohio State University Extension, Cuyahoga County
2490 Lee Boulevard, Suite 108
Cleveland Heights, Ohio 44118-1255
216-397-6000/fax216-397-3980

OSU Extension logoAll educational programs conducted by Ohio State University Extension are available to clientele on a nondiscriminatory basis without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, gender, age, disability or Vietnam-era veteran status.

Keith L. Smith, Associate Vice President for Ag. Admin. and Director, OSU Extension

TDD# 1-800-589-8292 (Ohio only) or (614) 292-1868

The Ohio State University, The United States Department of Agriculture and Cuyahoga County Commissioners Cooperating

In addition to Ohio State University Extension, we are grateful to the following for their support of our program: The 1525 Foundation ~ Alcoa Foundation ~ American Greetings ~ The Andrews Foundation ~ Astrup Co. ~ BP America, Inc. ~ Eva L. and Joseph M. Bruening Foundation ~ City Harvest Donors ~ City Harvest Angel ~ City of Cleveland, the Honorable Michael R. White, Mayor ~ Cleveland Bicentennial Commission ~ The George W. Codrington Charitable Foundation ~ Cuyahoga County Board of Health ~ Cuyahoga County Farm Bureau ~ Dave's Supermarkets ~ Design Network ~ Eaton Corporation ~ Evening Star Missionary Baptist Church ~ Ford Motor Company ~Forest City Enterprises ~ The Harry K. & Emma R. Fox Charitable Foundation ~ The William O. and Gertrude Lewis Frohring Foundation ~ The George Gund Foundation ~ Graffiti ~ Hathaway Brown School ~ The Hershey Foundation ~ The Higley Fund ~ Key Foundation ~ The S. Livingston Mather Charitable Trust ~ Mt. Zion Congregational Church ~ The Murphy Family Foundation ~ Nordson Corporation ~ The William J. and Dorothy K. O'Neill Foundation ~ Phish ~The Rainbow Philanthropic Fund and Wuliger Family Philantrhopic Fund of The Jewish Community Federation of Cleveland ~ St. Stanislaus Dads' Club ~ The Samuel H. Miller Family Fund ~ The Samuel Rosenthal Foundation ~ Seeds of Change Donors ~ The Edward and Betty Sloat Foundation ~ TRW Foundation ~ The Waterwheel Foundation ~ The S. K. Wellman Foundation ~ The Wolpert Fund of the Cleveland Foundation

We are happy and proud to implement The City of Cleveland's Division of Neighborhood Services' Summer Sprout Program that provides seeds, plants, soil amendment, soil preparation, and water hydrant permits to registered community garden groups.

Urban Gardening logo
Dennis Rinehart
Extension Agent, Urban Gardening

Mary Kay Girton
Program Assistant

Rich Goudreau
Program Assistant

Debbie Haynesworth
Program Assistant

Kathleen O'Neill
Development Coordinator

Cultivating Our Community Advisory Committee: Kathleen Calby, Mildred Cephus, Fern Giorgi, Bill Hixson, Ed Kucia, Alan Nusbaum, Leslie Scott, Cecelia Smith, Bill Tucker

Thanks for visiting!

top of page