Kinship Gardening

Hi Miekal,

I noticed you mentioning Kapuler and Brentmar's work regarding
co-evolutionary gardening.  This is a subject I've been interested in for a
few years now after hearing Alan speak in San Francisco in '94.

We hope to get a fair representation of leguminous trees that grow well in
our region, central Texas.  It's hot and humid and close to being
subtropical.  I've already got several varieties of seeds and am looking
for more.  The leguminous trees will be planted directly by seed into our
swales which we hope to install this fall.

Direct seeding swales with productive trees is also another project we're
looking into for restoring lands that have been strip mined here in Texas
for lignite coal.  Mixes of seeds could be broadcast over swaled and
unswaled areas from an air plane as well as by hand.  Maybe some of the
Light Hawk pilots would be interested.

Have you had any experience with making kinship or co-evolutionary gardens?
 Take care for now.

        KIRBY [@ Cross Timbers Permaculture Inst. on Lake Buchanan, TX;
512-756-7878; web address csf.colorado.edu/perma/]