Re: Coffee Grounds

Coffee hulls, husks and grounds are commonly listed as excellent nitrogen
sources in numerous books on tropical farming.
Earthworms love coffee grounds.
What I don't feed the worms I put directly into the garden with no
obvious negative effects to date - to the contrary they seem to be
conditioning my heavy clay soil beautifully.
'Growing Media' (by Handreck & Black) mentions use of coffee grounds in
potting mix for its nitrogen content but recommends leaching and aging
first to reduce the level of salts.

If you have problems with acidification/acidity perhaps you can balance
this by:
* putting the grounds through a worm farm first (worm castings are
neutral) or composting (compost humus is also neutral)
* adding agricultural lime or wood ash to the garden with the grounds

Robyn Francis