Looking to join or form a Permaculture Homestead

Well, after talking about homesteading for several years, reading Daniel Quinn's Ishmael, and the last few days doing intensive research on permaculture, my wife and I have decided to start seriously planning to get together with either an established group, or put together our own. We're looking for like-minded souls who are homesteading or willing to homestead under permaculture rules in northern Illinois. An internal homeschooling project will be part of the homestead. We are aware that this is a long-term project, that will involve several years of hard work, contractual obligations, capital investment, and careful balancing of group chemistry. We'd prefer Pagans or open-minded non-Pagans, and homeschoolers. If you fit this description, or know of someone who might, or know of an established group that we might fit into, please contact me off-list at tarliman2@aol.com. Thank you.