Re: [Fwd: help, taking care of the earth is becoming illegal!]

>I just became aware of someone who is being sued (in the state of
>Tennessee)
>by her neighbors for "devaluation of their land" because this person has
>developed an "edible landscape" on her property.

This is incredible - there was a case in the early '90's of a front yard
food forest in suburban Brisbane, the owner arrived home one day to find
council had been in with a bulldozer and completely cleared it away - the
neighbours had complained to Council that 'you can't see the house from
the street & it may be harbouring vermin'!
Robyn

Djanbung Gardens Permaculture Education Centre
home to:
Permaculture Education
ERDA Institute Trust
Nimbin Eco-Village Project Office
Robyn Francis - permaculture designer & educator
PO Box 379, Nimbin NSW 2480 Australia
Ph 02-6689 1755 Fax 02-6689 1225
permed@nor.com.au  www.earthwise.org.au