Re: a list for acid and alkaline foods?

> Subject: a list for acid and alkaline foods?
> From: "Yaya Balinci" <yaya@telus.net>
> Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 23:10:35 -0800
>
> I have a list of what foods are alkaline or acid forming to the blood. Does
> anyone have a list of what foods/material plants like to grow in acid soils
> and what foods/material plants like to grow in alkaline soils?
>
> yaya balinci

Dear Yaya,
	You can use the Plants for a Future database to get such information.
Go to the advanced search page at
	http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/pfaf/D_advance.html
or
	http://www.ibiblio.org/pfaf/D_advance.html
and select the soils types your looking for. Rather a lot of plants
match the criteria so you might want to use the new list by genus
feature
which will give a summary of the plant genera which contain matching
plants
the URLs for acid and Alkaline plants are
http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/cgi-bin/pfaf/find_use?BY_GENUS=1&PH=A
http://www.comp.leeds.ac.uk/cgi-bin/pfaf/find_use?BY_GENUS=1&PH=B
in the UK and
http://www.ibiblio.org/pfaf/cgi-bin/find_use?BY_GENUS=1&PH=A