fresh water at beach?

Geetings all-
In care of the earth, I'm trying to minimize the impact from my client's new
project: up to six homes built on a Mexican beach in a coastal desert. The
area as a whole is rapidly being developed, so the question now is "how" his
project will be built, rather than "if".

Please suggest optimum strategies for assuring enough fresh water for
drinking, bathing, and landscape irrigation for up to twenty people. Options
include sea water desalination and somehow accessing the seasonal arroyo.
Rain catchment is possible for only a short season, maybe ten inches or so
annually.

Thanks for your assistance. You can also recommend someone familiar with
solar water desalination for a project this size.

Gracias por la Tierra,
Akiva Werbalowsky
Ojai, CA