Re: Microbrios para o Terceiro Mundo...

On 06/13/00, ""Marsha Hanzi" <hanzibra@svn.com.br>" wrote:

> Thank you, Mikal, for the alert.  I have spread it here in Brazil to the =
> Green Party and friends in other government  agricultural agencies.  It =
> is just what we need-  a new, genetically manipulated strain of =
> Fusiarium...
> Marsha

Just a quick note, Marsha, that you may find worthy.  Pathogens need to be
'sanitized', which can only occur at a minimum temperature of 160 degrees F
(sorry, don't know the C) and if a pathogen would happen to get into your
compost pile (as well as any diseased plant material) your compost pile
will not get hot enough to kill the pathogen.  Even cow/horse manure MUST
spend an ENTIRE summer on concrete with alot of hot weather and sunshine to
sanitize it.

Blessings,
Ava