Re: Pond construction ideas needed (for FranksFarm)

Hi Frank, Darren, etc.
I'm Pete and I Lurk here a lot. Great thread. Dams (ponds) are one of the projects that
I have been extremely interested in
over the past few years here at Kenton Range Tree Farm. I have built some "Earth
Construction Water Storage Areas" here in
the Adelaide Hills South Australia, where we need to hold all the water we can (or are
allowed to by law).
Some basic stuff I've done can be found at  KRTF water pages
I would like to share some of my experiences with interested people, so In the next few
days I'll knock some things up and post
them in pdf on Lawrences upload file site if that's ok.

Just to make sure I do post some documents, I'll let you know what to expect.

     Island construction without wasting space
     Wall and bank stabilisation (with rocks and vegetation)
     Saddle dams (ponds) with drainage lines but no natural catchment

Darren, guess what you'll be doing late at night on your visit to South Australia!

Cheers, Pete
 Kenton Range Tree Farm Pages
--------
Attachment