New "Nature Study Network"

Although there are lots of lists and chat groups about specific
groups of organisms (birds, herps, butterflies, etc.), several folks
have suggested that we start a more broadly based list devoted to
looking at how organisms relate to each other and their habitats.
Thus,  as an outreach activity of Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont
Natural History near York, South Carolina, we are launching a new
public list called the "Nature Study Network."

The Nature Study Network is designed to bring together people
everywhere who are interested in all sorts of natural phenomenon, but
especially the interconnections between plants, animals, and habitats
of the Carolina Piedmont. There's so much to know about what's
happening in the natural world around us, and one of the best ways to
learn is to exchange observations and ideas. One recurring theme on
the list will be "phenology"--the study of how seasonal and other
cyclic changes affect organisms.

The list will be free and unmoderated, and the message archive will
be open to nonsubscribers. The Nature Study Network is not intended
to supplant or compete with any existing lists or projects, but
rather to complement them.

You can join the Nature Study Network via the ListBot hyperlink on
the Hilton Pond Center's Web site ( http://www.hiltonpond.org ),
under the section entitled "This Week at Hilton Pond."

We hope you'll be an active member of the Nature Study Network, and
that what you share and learn will help us all be better stewards of
the wonderful world of which we are a part--especially in the
Piedmont Region of the eastern U.S.

If you have questions or comments about joining the list, please
direct them to <mailto:NatureNet@hiltonpond.org>.

Happy Nature Watching!

BILL

--

**********

BILL HILTON JR., "The Piedmont Naturalist"
1432 DeVinney Road
York, South Carolina 29745
USA

e-mail: <mailto:hilton@hiltonpond.org>

Voice: (803) 684-5852

eFax: (503) 218-0845

Hilton Pond Center for Piedmont Natural History is a 501(c)(3)
non-profit research and education organization, so all in-kind or
monetary gifts to the Center and "Operation RubyThroat: The
Hummingbird Project" are tax-deductible.

"Never trust a person too lazy to get up for sunrise or too busy to
watch the sunset."

						BHjr.