Robins, robins, robins

Saturday and Sunday I have had 300+ robins gathering in the woods around
my house- swarming along the ground, flying back and forth, gleaning in
the tops of pines and poplars, congregating in large sub-groups and with
lots of accompanying chattering and chipping.  There were males, females
and some spottier than others that I took to be more juvenile, perhaps
fledged this year.  I have known this to occur here for the last 15
years and I assume these are migratory.  Is that most likely?  Anyone
else having such flocks of robins coming through?

Marsha Stephens
North Chatham County, NC
marsha_stephens@unc.edu