Medcalf Lake Cinnamon Teal

Birders:

The Drake Cinnamon Teal continues on Medcalf Lake today.  He is being quite
an isolationist.  He spends some time nearish to the dam, but has discovered
my next door neighbor's cove to be to his liking and periodically paddles
out and shows himself and if he doesn't get spooked (like when I tried to
sneak up for a closer photo opportunity), he hangs around there;  part of
the time hidden and part out in the open.   He is having nothing to do with
the other ducks and I am now sure there are no females of his species on the
lake.  He flies very well.  I live at 674 Sunset Lakes Blvd.  When he is out
in the open he can be viewed from my dock.  No need to stop at house if you
want to try to see him, just walk around the right hand side of house to the
back.  There is a stepping stone path to the dock, usually covered by
leaves.

So I have yard bird #174.  YEA!

Mary McDavit, Sunset Lakes, Sunset Beach NC
phone:  910-579-2446
osprey1@mindspring.com