great cormorant

Can someone clarify for me the diagnostic marks on a Great Cormorant?

 According to RTP it should have white  behind its lemon yellow (as
opposed to orangey in a DC Cormorant) pouch. Well, today on CBBT I did
see a large cormorant which had some white (but not nearly as clean
and bright a white as in the RTP field guide), and also a lemon-yellow
as opposed to an orange pouch. I thought the cormorant looked heftier
than a double crested--but then size is such a tricky thing.

So, what I want to know is: are Great Cormorants noticeably bigger and
hefiter than Double Cresteds, or only subtly so; also is the white
behind the pouch exaggerated in the field guide? I never saw those
bushy white 'flank' feathers since the birds were either low in the
water or flying away. Any comments would help.

Shantanu Phukan