Lake Medcalf's Extra Very Good Birds-update

C'Birders:

Day 8 and Toast, the Cinnamon Teal is still here.

The Hummingbirds are still at McCormick's.  Carolyn Bush and I observed both
this AM and THOUGHT there may have been a third.  I want to correct the fact
that I saw  part of the area below eye filling in with black.  Today the
light was better, intermittently anyway,  and think I was seeing the black
eye area itself before.  We saw the second hummer quite well.  Sibley says
the green back of the female Black- Chinned should be duller than the
Ruby-throated's.  We felt this one was a fairly nice green, whatever that
means!  For the first time today, I, actually both of us, saw white under
the tips of outer tail feathers on the young male.  Although he flits his
tail a lot, he doesn't seem to spread his tail very much.  The possible 3rd
one seemed to have an all dark throat, but we only saw this one once. And
may have been a trick of the light.

Hope they stay through the oncoming windy cold front that's just started
here.  We went from 60 degrees before light this AM to 52 at gametime.

Mary McDavit, Sunset Lakes, Sunset Beach, Brunswick Co., North Carolina, USA
osprey1@mindspring.com