Baltimore Orioles?

Hi there!

On Sunday I was going over to my sister's house in Knightdale, NC, when I saw
a pair of birds flying toward the road from a yard on my right. As I got
closer, they flew right across above and just ahead of me.

The birds were about robin-sized, but slimmer. The lead bird was black and
vibrant orange in color. The other bird was a sort of all over
olive-yellow-brown.

Is it unusual for there to be adult Baltimore Orioles in this area in
December? I don't know what else these two could possibly be.

Lisa in Raleigh, NC