Waxwings

Folks,
        I too, have seen orange tailed Waxwings, but they are not all that
common.  The theory of diet is interesting, but doesn't seem all that valid
to me. Considering that Waxwings usually travel in good size flocks, and
generally feed together, it would seem to me that the percentage of
orange-tailed Waxwings would and should be much higher based on the diet
theory.
                                                                    Merry
Christmas
                                                                    Wayne