Lake Osceola, Lake Julian

Folks,
        Ron Selvey and I were at Lake Osceola in Henderson County before
8:00 AM this date.  The 2 Blue-phase Snow Geese were still present.
However, at 8:02 AM they both left heading northeast followed a short time
later by about 200 Canada Geese.  I will check at dusk this PM to see if
they return to roost again.  Being Chrsitmas Eve and Christmas Day tomorrow,
I would not expect any large crowds for the viewing! Even in birding, there
are a few sacred days!
        At Lake Julian this AM, I had 14 American Pipits in the short grass
off to the left of the containment pond just past the dam.  Usually I see
many Am. Pipits on Hooper Lane, but that hasn't happened in many moons!
         For those not on Tenn. Birds, it is a terrific winter for Lapland
Longspurs west of here.  They are reporting flocks of 100's and even
thousands of birds!

Merry Chrsitmas!

Wayne
Wayne K. Forsythe