Medcalf Lake Score

C'Birders:

Score:

HUMMERS:   2

CINN.TEAL:   0

Also want to underscore the value of Bob Sargent's very useful book on
Ruby-throated Hummingbirds.  I was double-checking on the ID of the 2nd
hummer on our street, and kept saying 'I didn't know that'.  And having had
1 banded here in the past and listening to the Sargents' advice and lectures
previously, I thought I had a pretty good handle on the species. . . Just
shows to go ya', you never stop learning in birding.  Also, there are tons
of photographs in his book, and I found one that closely resembles "ours".

The McCormicks are newly arrived back and were thrilled to see Randy
Emmitt's website with their celebrity so expertly photographed.

Good birding,
Mary McDavit, Sunset Lakes, blah, blah, blah.
osprey1@mindspring.com