snow and "blue" geese in northern Iredell county

This afternoon about 2:00, there were 3 snows and 3 "blues" in with a flock
of about 150 Canada geese feeding in a stubble field along Jennings Rd. in
northern Iredell County.  I pass through here weekly and last week the flock
was entirely Canada geese.  The snow geese arrived sometime since last
Wednesday.  Anyone going to look for the birds should remember that the
birds are on private property with houses fairly close by and that pulling
off the road at will without permission probably wouldn't go over too well
or positively reflect on birders as a group.  In other words, if you do
anything beyond stopping in the middle of the road as I did, ask permission!
The field is located down Jennings Road 2-3 miles south of Hwy 901 near
Union Grove.  From south on I-77, take exit 59, go back over the interstate
about 1 mile to stop sign and take a right.  The birds are in a field about
5 miles or so up this road (Jennings Road)on the right.

Good luck,

Eric Harrold
Charlotte, NC
esharrol@email.uncc.edu