Goldfinches

Hi all,

thistle-verses-sunflower seed, our goldfinches cast their votes for the
thistle. We have four thistle feeders out and the same number of sunflower
ones, and there appear to be more goldfinches feeding at the thistle. It is
difficult for me
to estimate the number of goldfinches that we have; they seem ubiquitous!

We have a few purple finches. It is so neat to see them but I miss the huge
numbers we used to have! On our swamp bluff we very seldom see house finches.

Cheers,

Evelyn Dabbs
Wenee Woods
Mayesville, SC