Possible LeConte's Sparrow at Radio Island, NC

After much frustration in trying to see a super-secretive sparrow at Radio
Island, NC, I guess I will report it as a possible LeConte's.

It is in the same former borrow pit area where at least 2 LeConte's were
found last year--area is now grassy and moist, occasionally flooded with an
inch of water.

I flushed the bird a couple of times in December and Jack Fennell and I
found it again yesterday, 19 January.  But again, we never saw it well.
However, based on what I have seen--small sparrow that flushes only when
almost stepped on and rather light coloration--I think the bird is probably
a LeConte's.

                                                   John Fussell
                                                   Morehead City, NC
                                                   jfuss@bmd.clis.com