A little of not much

Hi folks;
Was at Lake Junaluska yesterday. Not much going on, but saw at least 3 pair
of Hooded Mergansers. Also *4* Great Blue Heron on the mud flats (the lake
is drawn down). This drawdown evidontly has concentrated the fish in one
area; I have never seen GBH foraging so close to each other.
On the way back from Franklin today saw a probable Red Tailed Hawk sitting
in a tree next to Hwy. 19/23 near Waynesville. Looked small at first,
thought "Red Shouldered", but no, it was wearing a cummerbund. (Breast -
belly band.) The size means it was likely a male. Also saw what was probably
a Raven while crossing Balsam Gap. Song Sparrow at Franklin was singing one
song after another, and I mean with no pause between. Sounded like two birds
almost. Could it be? Naw, too cold....
Good birding everyone!
Alex Netherton
Asheville NC