Cat Problems...

Dear Birders,

I had a problem with a neighbor's cat who was killing the birds at our
feeders.  I contacted the owner, but she claimed that the cat was just a
stray she'd been feeding, i.e. she wasn't willing to accept full
responsibility for the animal.  I then contacted Wake County Animal Control
who came out and set up a have-a-heart trap.  On Friday, the cat was caught
and turned in.

My neighbor proceeded to pass out flyers to all of the people who live in my
subdivision vilifying me for putting her cat on "death row."  Now many of my
neighbors think I'm a horrible person...  Any ideas?

I should also mention that the cat is actually very sweet and I wish it no
harm.  The "owner" hasn't claimed the cat as far as I know.  If you or
someone you know would like a very affectionate three year old, neutered
male short hair cat, please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Sincerely yours,
John Argentati
Raleigh, NC