Savannah River NWR, 2/25/01

This morning, my wife, daughter, granddaughter and I did the loop at
the Savannah River NWR on our way home from Florida.  Because my
granddaughter is 10 months old, I did not unlimber my spotting scope.
However, I looked at every concentration of ducks within range,
hoping for a cinnamon teal, and I checked every dark ibis that I
could.  All of the dark ibis were glossy--no white-faced.  We did see
an impressive number of species of ducks, including gadwall, American
wigeon, northern shovelers, mallards, blue-winged and green-winged
teal.

Bob
Robert C. Perkins, Ph.D.
Associate Dean for Academic Affairs
Methodist College, Fayetteville, NC 28311
910-630-7037     rperkins@methodist.edu