Woodcock still in Asheville

Yesterday (2/27) I got to the cemetery earlier than before, and as soon as I
got to the place described in my posting of yesterday, I heard a number of
"peent" calls. Don't know when it started, but I heard them beginning at
6:35 p.m., and the last one seemed to be at 6:57. (One miinute later Jelly
and Beans showed up off lead [as always], greeted our dog and then took off
toward the woodcock area, so I didn't stick around.) Despite the overcast
skies, I could see a few take-offs and one landing--counted four displays in
all.

Charlotte

Charlotte Goedsche/Cynthia Janes
Asheville NC