Re: binoculars

These two web sites have a lot of good information:

http://www.optics4birding.com/
Optics for Birding - Birding optics reviews, purchasing advice, FAQs,
sources, and links.

http://betterviewdesired.com/
Better View Desired - Birding optics reviews, articles, manufacturers,
and retailers. (Note new URL)

In addition, I'd recommend going on as many birding trips as you can and
trying out other folks' optics to see what works best for you.

--
Charles W. "Will" Cook                  w 919-660-7423
http://www.duke.edu/~cwcook            cwcook@duke.edu