Subject: compiling REND386

From: [email-masked]
Date: 03 Sep 1992 23:24:02 -0500 (CDT)

Hi there folks.  I'm fairly new to Rend386 but I love what I've seen.  I
have connected the PowerGlove to my AT and the next step is to start
writing programs for it.  I only have one problem - I'm also fairly new
to Turbo C++.  I've tried compiling the demo3.c program and keep getting
undefined symbol linker errors.  I can't get anything to compile when
I try to start from sccratch either.  I've gotten the DEVEL3.ZIP file
that's floating around on many BBSs and it mentions other libraries.
What am I doing wrong when I try to compile?  I'm sure it's got something
to do with project files and make files and such (exactly where I get
cloudy).  
 
Thanks for any help anyone can offer me!
-Jason Barile
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Alan Walford)
Date: Tue, 06 Oct 92 08:14:33 PDT

You can forget MSC 7.0 for compiling REND386. We tried and tried but
could not get it to work.

Yes, MSC 7.0 has an inline assembler but it does _not_ understand
386 instructions and registers. There is a version of the compiler that
comes with Windows NT from Microsoft (in beta form) that handles 32 bit
code and will compile 386 and 486 instructions.

We are currenly playing with linking to the supplied REND386 libraries
using other MSC code and the MSC linker. So far so good. I'll let folks
know if I get it to work.

Al

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Alan Walford                         [Eos Systems Inc.    Tel: 604-734-8655]
[email-masked]    OR   ..uunet!van-bc!eosvcr!aew