Subject: Rel 4 problems

From: Jerry Isdale <[email-masked]>
Date: 06 Oct 92 12:33:41 EDT

Over in the Compuserve world, we have had some similar problems with
devel4.zip.
 I modified the makefiles to use BCC and a CFLAGS. Had to include
the -P-c option so the default option is .c not .cpp.

 We noticed the segasupp.c in the include directory. Also that the
makefile for building the release specificially adds it to the zip.
Bernie, *please* check the makefiles carefully for next release.
 I'd suggest unzipping them into a new area and trying a rebuild
from the release files before posting.

We had another problem in that the Demo4.zip we have is old and 
doesnt include the driver executables. Bernie emailed me the 
vd16.rvd and vd256.rvd files, but when i run demo4.exe with these
i get a green screen and no response to the keyboard. I think we 
will wait for the driver source release, then get all the zips.

I have MSC 7.0 so i will try compiling with it that this weekend.

I will also be demo'ing REND386 and some other homebrew VR stuff 
Oct29 at the Electronic Cafe in Santa Monica to the IICS's local 
VR-SIG. Event is in cooperation with the CyberArts festival in
Pasadena that weekend.

I have a great lead on hooking 
up the sega glasses +rend to a widescreen NTSC projector. One of our 
CIS members has done it. i'll replicate it then post the results.

Jerry Isdale
Group 3 Project Leader.