Subject: compilation probs

From: Chris Hand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 92 23:39:06 BST

I still haven't managed to get past the "out of memory" error
I mentioned yesterday.  

I tried all different combinations of EMM386/stacks and using
EMS or XMS with BCC/BCCX, but I still get this error, always
at the same line:

---8x---cut-here------
MAKE  Version 3.5  Copyright (c) 1991 Borland International

Available memory 549888 bytes

        bcc -ml -P-c -wall -Ic:\borlandc\include -Lc:\borlandc\lib -1 -G -c world
Borland C++  Version 2.0 Copyright (c) 1991 Borland International
world.c:
Error world.c 530: Out of memory in function read_world
*** 1 errors in Compile ***

        Available memory 209552

** error 1 ** deleting world.obj
----8x-----------------------

The only thing I can think of is that since the level of "nesting"
at line 530 is about 8 levels deep, BCC is running out of internal
stack space???  Surely this can't be though, I mean -- 8 levels!?

Can someone who's managed to use BC++2.0 to compile the latest
release please *e-mail* me a copy of the makefile they've made?

Thanks,

Chris

--
Chris Hand, Lecturer                Internet mail: [email-masked]
Dept of Computing Science,          Voice: +44 533 551551 x8476
De Montfort University, The Gateway,  Fax: +44 533 541891  FIDOnet: 2:440/32.50
LEICESTER, UK   LE1 9BH        >> NB: E-mail Address Changed 4-Sep-92! <<

---

From: [email-masked] (Joseph D. Gradecki)
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 92 17:19:34 -0600

Chris,

  Have you tried to compile it using the BC environment.  I did this and it
compiled fine.  

joe