Subject: Upcoming glove-Sega driver

From: Dave Stampe-Psy+Eng <dstamp@watserv1>
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 92 18:05:32 -0400

I'm currently working on an integrated interrupt system that will
drive a PowerGlove and also provide frame-locked interrupt services
for the Sega glasses switching-- WITHOUT needing a card that supports
vertical interrupts!  (That part of the code is done, and I'm just
cleaning up the glove driver for inclusion now).

The code will include a section to control the Sega glasses so you
can change to your own method if desired.  The glove driver will also
be modifiable.  You can also elimnate the Sega or PowerGlove code
calls.

I also will be updating some sections of the REND386 code to allow me
to write a stereoscopic viewport creation routine.  Hopefully this will
be flexible enough to support all possible HMD systems as well.  You
should be able to offset the screens, flip them horizontally or vertically,
etc.  The stereoscopic routines will create viewprt structures from a
given viewport and some stereo information.  Still have to do this stuff.

Any comments or requests?  I'll be working on it till Saturday at least, 
so get 'em in soon.

- Dave Stampe

---

From: Dave Stampe-Psy+Eng <dstamp@watserv1>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 92 01:27:59 -0400

Well, much as I'd like to tap into the glove and hook to the fingers,
I can't write software that assumes that, as it wo'nt work for everyone.
This driver should work on any machine with the standard Byte interface
and a serial port Sega driver-- or you can patch the C code to fit your
own interface.

BTW, the two things are working together now-- VERY nice.  Hard to crash,
too.  Now to do the stereoscopic viewport software...

-Dave STampe