Subject: Source code for Rend v.5

From: Bob Mason <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1993 13:29:40 -0400

hello...

I just bought the new book with version 5 of Rend386, but is there
any source code?  My senior project is starting to develop a
WorldBuilder using Rend and we want to make sure we have the latest
code.  Is the source for v.5 public domain?  I also had a question
about the copyright statement in the back of the book from the Waite
Group Press.  Is this now different from what I've been told in the
past that:
 
>
>Well, here are the basic requirements:
>
>      a) any software derived from rend386 must continue to acknowledge
>         Bernie Roehl and Dave Stampe as the original developers;
>         you can certainly add additional credits to it if
>         you wish
>      b) any software derived from rend386 must not be sold for profit
>         or as shareware without first obtaining permission from Bernie
>         Roehl and Dave Stampe
>      c) any enhancements must be provided to Bernie Roehl and Dave Stampe
>         for possible inclusion in the "main" version of the software.
>
>If you can live with those restrictions, then all is well.
>

-bob mason
[email-masked]