Subject: Maybe not vaporware!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 93 22:49:42 EDT

Here's an idea to make it possible for people with only Pascal (like me) to
be able to use this wonderful C program!  Here's the steps that somebody
needs to take (somebody with the development kit):

1. Using your favorite C compiler, compile all of the development files into
an Object (.OBJ) file called R386.OBJ
2. Make a file which can be uploaded to the E-Mail system which goes like
this:

unit Rend386;

interface
  {$L R386.OBJ}

var
  <global variable name> : <type>
  <repeat for all globals>

  procedure <procedure name> (<procedure inputs>);
  <repeat for each procedure>

implementation
  procedure <procedure name> (<procedure inputs>); external;
  <repeat for each procedure>

end.

The easiest way would be to do the implementation, cut & paste the interface,
add the globals, then remove the "external;" clauses.  Send this (probably
lengthy) file to me, [email-masked].  FTP the .OBJ to
[email-masked].  I will grab the .OBJ off the net, and compile
the resulting .TPU, and provide the developers' documentation (Send me that,
too, please), and - viola - we have Pascal support for R386!

                                          Joshua Shagam

(The subject is because if somebody can do this, I'll be able to make that
.PLG modeler after all!)