Subject: Hooking up two systems with Rend386

From: [email-masked] (Chris Chuter)
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 1993 16:06:18 -0600 (CST)

Hey folks - I'm new to this list so forgive me if this has been asked before
            (I didnt find it in the archives...)

Around April, a friend and I are going to put on a seminar with the glove
glasses and rend386. We recently put a little demonstration on in the mall
for engineer's week and the kids loved it. We want to go a step further...

Has anyone ever hooked up to computers with two powergloves. It seems like a
simple idea - hook up the computers via the com port and feed data from the
glove to the com port. Of course, changes in code would be needed to recognize
the other data glove. Has anyone tried this or made drivers for two gloves?

I appreciate any pointers I can get - i don't have a lot of time for this    
project and i'd like to avoid making as many mistakes as possible.

Sidenote: Brenda Laurel spoke on my campus yesterday - great speech. After 
	  speaking about Tim Leary, Fisher, and others, she said shes was
	  most excited about the back alley vr - "where people are duct taping
	  things to there body." I advise anyone to see her if she comes
	  to your campus.

-Chris Chuter
[email-masked]