From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 4 May 93 00:46:02 -0400

I don't know if this will help much, but I am using a completely different SEGA
circuit.  It's much simpler, although admittedly not quite as capable.
Specifically, it cannot turn off both eyes.  One eye must always be dark.
However, it only requires two diodes and two resistors.  If anyone is
interested, I will do a drawing from my circuit and you can try it out.  
It's easy and cheap enough that anyone can do it.

Also, on the subject of ghosting:  A lot of it is problems with the human
eye.  Because of the rod/cone arrangement of human vision, some colors 
are more persistant, thus causing ghosting.  RED is one of the worst.
I wrote a very small program that displays two red lines in an X pattern,
one for left and right eyes while flipping the goggles, and it ghosted
much worse than other colors in the same program.

Does anyone have any information on the SEGA Virtua VR HMD yet?  I tried
talking to them, but they won't give anything out, saying that they don't
have that information yet to almost anything you ask.  They suggested that
they might know in a few months.  Even some basic info like resolution or
color capability would be greatly appreciated.  I am hoping it can do some
kind of RGB or something in stead of the stupid VGA palette stuff.  

One more quick note:  Expect a new version of OGRE in a few days.  I just put
in a WEDGE datatyle, which is like a cylinder which subtends a user-definable
angle instead of 360 degrees.  The next feature on my list is a 2D to 3D
extrusion of an ASCII map.  Great for mazes, building interiors, etc.
The basic idea is simple, but I need to do all the optimization of polygons
and stuff.  I'm also working on a smarter MERGE procedure.  Stay tuned...