From: Sandy Walsh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1993 21:57:20 -0330

Hi there,

I just got REND386 going with the Powerglove .. very cool. I picked up
the WAITE book, also cool. 

Now, I have a few questions:
1. What is the status of things now ... should there be a version 6 soon?
2. Where can I get my hands on a pair of Sega glasses (none in town here)
3. Whadda think of this idea to speed up rendering:

	Create a small array of precomputed World to Viewport transformation
	matrices for a field of view perhaps +/-30 degrees left and right
	of the users current position, and +/- 15 degrees above and below.

	Recompute these values when the user actually moves (forward/
	backward/up/down), but if the user simply "looks around" 
	as would be the case with a HDM, the rendering time can be increased
	by using the precomputed values.

	The recomputation cost should be minimal since you usually have a
	second or so after the user moves to a new location (while he
	gets his bearings). Also, this does not require rendering, just 
	computation.

	Feasable?

---
Sandy Walsh, B.Sc. - Software Engineer - CORETEC Incorporated

I've been carving you, to see what form you'd take. 
You were hiding in ivory, I just wanted to free your shape ...
	- The Tragically Hip 	([email-masked])