Subject: the renderer...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 92 18:33:09 -0500

I'm having a bit of difficulty compiling the demo on QuickC on the 386
I'm using here.  When Qc tries to link the three libraries, it coughs
and mentions (for each external routine) the error, "intersegment self-
relative fixup at C6 in segment _TEXT, pos: 499, Record Type: 9c, target 
external '_new_objlist'

I also tried downloading the polyblit source, and instead of linking the 
polyblit lib, I tried to just compile it in.  It coughed on the assembly
code, though.  It didn't recognize things like "extrn" and ".386".  
(I'm pretty assembly ignorant so I kind of wrote that off as a dead end..)

Has anyone else tried using QuickC to compile this?  If so, what did you
tweak to get it to work?  Little things like adding an underbar before
"far" and so forth I have figured out, but now I'm in over my head,
I think.

I'm also stuck using QuickC as a compiler, since Purdue doesn't deem it
important to provide their students with any C compilers.  QuickC itself
is only licensed to one user at a time.  Heaven forbid I might choose the
same night to work as someone else...

-Shabby
([email-masked])