Subject: polyblit in 'C' please

From: [email-masked] (Tng Tai Hou)
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 92 16:06:01 SST

I noticed that the code in the fast polyblitter is in a mix
of 'C' and assembly. Can someone please post a version of
it entirely in 'C' so it can be ported?
Thanks in advance.

Tai Hou

---

From: Dave Stampe-Psy+Eng <dstamp@watserv1>
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 92 09:39:32 -0500

> From [email-masked] Wed Jan 29 03:05:24 1992
> From: [email-masked] (Tng Tai Hou)
> To: rend386@sunee
> Subject: polyblit in 'C' please
> 
> 
Which sections are you concerned about?  The assembly sections are extremely
machine-specific, except for the line clipper and the control code for the
fastri() stuff.

No C code exists for these sections, but if you still have trouble with them, I can explain what they do in detail.  Of course, you'll have to be VERY
specific about what sections you want: I can't explain all of them (take too
long).  Also, what platform are you aiming for?

- Dave Stampe

---

From: [email-masked] (Tng Tai Hou)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 92 09:25:13 SST

In the poly3 function, two assem routines were called: compute_slope and
tpoly. It would be great if you can send me the pseudocode or 'c' code
for just these two routines.
I am targetting the Mac. I have already found out how to bypass the
built-in quickdraw functions. I have even written a very fast line
drawing routine. What I lack now is a fast polyblit.
BTW, I assume that one can break a n-sided polygon into many 3-sided
polygons to call poly3. Am I right?

Thanks.

Tai Hou