Subject: REND386 version 5 source code now online

From: Bernie Roehl <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 93 15:50:18 EDT

[This message is being sent to everyone on the rend386-announce list; if you
wish to be taken off the list, or know other people who might wish to be on
it, see below]

The source code for Version 5.0 of rend386 is now available on
sunee.uwaterloo.ca in the pub/rend386 directory.  The file is "devel5.zip".

Also included in the zipfile is the source code for PLGX, a utility for
manipulating PLG files in various ways.

You should be able to compile the code using Turbo C++ 2.0 or above,
or Borland C.  If you have problems getting the code to compile,
it may be better to contact us directly rather than sending your
questions to the whole mailing list; we'll summarize any problems (and
solutions!) and send them out to everyone once.

Since I'm a little swamped right now, you may want to relay any problems
with compilation to Dave; his email address is [email-masked].

ABOUT THE LIST: there are two lists.  If you've received this message, you're
on the rend386-announce list (which is only used for major announcements
related to rend386).  Messages on this list are very rare; this is the first
one in many months.  If you have at least some ongoing interest in VR and
rend386, you can stay on this list without worrying about being buried in
messages.

The other list is rend386-discuss, which has messages almost every day
related to rend386 and related software; it's a higher-traffic list,
for people who are actually doing work with rend386.

To be removed from this announcement list, send mail to userid
[email-masked], with the following line in the body of
the message (not the subject line):

       unsubscribe rend386-announce

To unsubscribe from the discussion list, substitute "rend386-discuss" for
"rend386-announce" in the line above.

Thanks again for your interest in rend386.