Subject: Modeller for rend386?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 1994 01:08:56 -0400

Hi, I am new to using REND386 but so far I have enjoyed what I have been able
to do with it.  My only problem is that creating scenes by hand with rend386
is extremely hindering.  I was wondering if there was a modeller in existance
that could output rend386 readable .WLD,.PLG, and .FIG files

Anyhelp would be extremely appreciated.

----------------------------------------------\-------------------------------|
|This message has been brought to you by....   \"I don't want to start any    |
|The Oracle                                     \ blasphemous rumours, but I  |
|E-mail: [email-masked]                           \ think that god's got a sick|
|homepage: http://www.io.org/~oracle/overview.html\ sense of humour" -DM      |
|__________________________________________________\__________________________|

---

From: Kevin MacCuish <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 1994 11:30:44 +100 (BST)

> Anyhelp would be extremely appreciated.

Well, we have had some success converting Autodesk 3-D studio objects to 
plg files.  The only problem, is that the converter creates more polygons 
than are necessary.  As the number of polygons in any one object or world 
increases, the rendering speed decreases.  On a powerful 486 or pentium, 
this is not usually a problem.  But on a 386, this can drastically reduce 
performance.  

As for wld files and fig files, I haven't yet run into anything that lets 
you get away from doing them by hand.

 -------------------------------------------------
|                2     |                          |
|         (Kevin)      |                          |
|     Dx ----------    |   [email-masked]  |
|            2         |                          |
|                      |                          |
 -------------------------------------------------