Subject: Re: Lights

From: Dave Stampe-Psy+Eng <dstamp@watserv1>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 92 12:47:16 -0400

> From [email-masked] Wed Aug 12 10:13:24 1992
> From: [email-masked] (Joseph D. Gradecki)
> To: rend386@sunee
> Subject: Lights
> 
> Dave,
>   Have you considered adding support for more light sources?
> 
> joe
> 

Yes, we've been thinking about it.  It adds about 15 uS per poly per
light source, so it would slow the room4.wld for example by 5mS (about
10%) per extra light source.  There might be a special light source 
structure which could be linked in lists and passed to the viewport.

The best sort of lightsource would change illumination with distance,
but this would give wierd results with big polys (walls, etc) since
they'd have the same illumination all over.

Any comments?  You can put extra light sources in by modifying the 
user_poly_color() function.

- Dave Stampe