Subject: logitech thing.

From: [email-masked] (Trenton Tuggle)
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 92 18:43:52 EDT

Well, I'm back, and I've been thinking about things and
I wanted to tell you to make sure that rend386 doesn't
go entirely to the logitech thing.  sure, the mouse is
cool, but don't stop supporting the glove, etc, because
the average person won't have the mouse.  I've got two
here at work, but in the game I'm designing under rend-
386, I'm not planning on 6d mouse support because the
average user won't have one.

for now,
Trent Tuggle
[email-masked]

---

From: Dave Stampe-Psy+Eng <dstamp@watserv1>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 92 09:02:53 -0400

> From [email-masked] Mon Aug 24 23:46:36 1992
> From: [email-masked] (Trenton Tuggle)
> To: rend386@sunee
> Subject: logitech thing.
> 

I'm not crazy! (B-{))  Actually, the upcoming release supports installable
drivers for video and devices, so you can plug the Logitech in as a 6D
pointing device AND use it as a mouse.  No, I haven't written a driver yet.

The following driver types are supported:
-Video driver: does all the graphics functions, so you can write drivers
for weird video devices, higher resolution screens, switched VGA cards,
Private Eyes, etc.

-Pointer driver: read as a 2D(mouse) as well as 6D pointer.  Currently
the internal mouse and powerglove drivers are used, and a sample 3D
pointer using the mouse is supplied.

Head tracker:  uses a pointer driver as a head tracker: should make it easy
to use the Logitech for this, or any other device you can think of.

Switching driver:  Does what the Sega driver does, or can switch other
things.

The internal glove and Sega drivers now let you do total port and bit
remapping of their interfaces.

Full split-screen, seperate VGA card, etc. stereo is supported, including
"rotated" view planes, so you can tilt your HMD displays to get more
peripheral vision.

Segments have been highly redefined: I'll wait for feedback on this one.

- Dave Stampe

---

From: [email-masked] (Joseph D. Gradecki)
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 92 09:17:58 -0600

Dave,

  Looks good to me.  I was going to ask about the head tracker as I will have
two different head trackers in the next PCVR.  As I have said before, I 
think it is good to redefine things now before any of us start to really 
use Rend386 as I intend to do in the next couple of months.

joe