Subject: Flying!

From: Chris Hand <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 92 23:15:56 BST

Well, Thanks to James Barnes of Logitech (who kindly e-mailed
me the copy of world.obj my compiler refused to create), I've
managed to hack some stuff up using the devel4 release.

I wanted for a long time to allow movement through the virtual
world using only gestures (point-and-fly!) and I've managed that,
but only by simulating the appropriate key-presses (ie. calling
do_key(UP), do_key(DOWN) etc.).  Is there a better way, or should
there really be functions called move_down(), move_up() etc...?

What I need now is a function to tell me the screen co-ords (x,y)
of a point in world co-ords (x,y,z).  I looked through the sources
and the nearest I can find is xy_transform() in RENDREP.C, but
most of this is in assembler and I don't understand it (plus it's
static).

How about it Dave (or anyone else who knows)?  Is this what I
want or is there something else I can use?

Cheers,

Chris

-- 
Chris Hand, Lecturer                Internet mail: [email-masked]
Dept of Computing Science,          Voice: +44 533 551551 x8476
De Montfort University, The Gateway,  Fax: +44 533 541891  FIDOnet: 2:440/32.50
LEICESTER, UK   LE1 9BH        >> NB: E-mail Address Changed 4-Sep-92! <<