Subject: Power up your computer!

From: [email-masked] (Dion Francois)
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 92 0:22:39 EDT

Hi everybody,

I have one question and one comment.

First the comment: Intel has introduced speed doubler 80386 and 80486. What it
means is that internally these DIRECT REPLACEMENTS for your actual cpu, work
at twicec the external speed. What it means is 70% average acceleration! So
now a 486-50 is a real contender for VR (100 MHz internal clock!).

Now the question: How do you plan your VR system? I was thinking of either
a system with eyephone ( the most serious solution) or sega glasses... I know
that this is not sci.virtual-worlds but i think it has a serious impact on the
way i will use Rend386.

Francois Dion

p.s. Have any of you developped something relatively to rend386? I have done
some converters but the most crucial still has some problem: off2plg. When
this will work, i will have a 3d hand for all you powerglove fans.
p.p.s speaking of powerglove, what happened to the glove list?
-- 
Francois Dion
    '  _   _   _
 CISM (_) (_)  _) FM       Montreal , Canada       Email: [email-masked]
      (_)  / . _)             10000 Watts          Telephone no: (514) 343-7511
_______________________________________________________________________________