Subject: rend386 to Unix?

From: [email-masked] (Gregg W. Jensen)
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 93 9:08:57 CST

I was curious to know if it would be possible to port rend386 to another OS
such as Unix?  Is there a lot of MS-DOS dependicies?  Would it possible to 
port it to run under X (using standard libraries or using PEX)?  If possible,
is it possible to estimate what kind of effort would be involved?

Thanks
Gregg Jensen
(if mail bounces send replies to [email-masked])

---

From: [email-masked] (Technically Sweet)
Date: Mon, 4 Jan 93 18:12:29 -0800

No.  Rend386 could be ported to the 386 native mode (32-bit) GNU
compiler, and that's it.  You should check out the VOGL library.
ftp.uu.net:pub/graphics/vogle.  This is a software emulation of
SGI's GL, a nice low-level polygonal painting interface.

I'm using it for a project similar to rend386,
a higher-level VR window system based on LISP.

Contact Dr. Mark Green at the University of Alberta about their
MR Toolkit.  [email-masked].  They're sticky about
only non-profit organizations getting the software, though.

-- 

Lance Norskog
[email-masked]
Data is not information is not knowledge is not wisdom.