Subject: The REND386 email list

From: broehl (Bernie Roehl)
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 1995 15:07:40 -0500 (EST)

As many of you know, we've had problems with the REND386 email list.
Here's an outline of what's happening:

I've gone through all my old mail looking for subscribe and unsubscribe
requests for rend386-discuss, and processed them by hand; there are now
just under 500 people remaining on the list.

If you are reading this and no longer wish to be on the list, send mail
to [email-masked] with a single line in the body of the
message (*not* the subject line!) saying:

       unsubscribe rend386-discuss

If the address you send the message from is different from the one that
you first subscribed from, then it'll take a few days to process (since
I have to validate those requests by hand).

I'm sending this message to the list, and I'll process the "bounce"
messages as they come back; this has to be done periodically, since people
lose their net access (e.g. by graduating from university) and forget to
unsubscribe from the lists they're on.  That should eliminate the
20+ bounces people have been reporting, but it'll take a day or two to
complete.

The rend386-discuss list will continue, but you can expect it to be very
low-traffic since neither Dave nor myself are working on REND386 itself
anymore.  The rend386-announce list will not continue, since there won't
be any future announcements related to REND386.

I've set up a list for AVRIL (my new VR library).  Actually, there are two
lists (one for announcements, and one for developers).  To subscribe to them,
send a message to [email-masked] with the following lines in
the body (*not* the subject line):

     subscribe avril-announce
     subscribe avril-developers

A new release of AVRIL is due out in a week or two; the software is
finished, and I'm just working on the documentation.  There'll be support
for the CyberMaxx and Virtual i/o HMDs, stereoscopic viewing, Gouraud
shading and more. 

People interested in low-end VR in general should VR join the "homebrew-vr"
list; send a message containing just the word "help" to:

     [email-masked]

and it should send you back more information about itself.

-- 
	Bernie Roehl
        University of Waterloo Dept of Electrical and Computer Engineering
	Mail: [email-masked]
	Voice:  (519) 888-4567 x 2607 [work]