Subject: OGRE 50

From: [email-masked] (David Boeren)
Date: Sun, 6 Feb 94 22:58:30 -0500

I have just uploaded OGRE 5.0 to sunee.uwaterloo.ca.  It should be online
shortly.  SOrry about taking so long, but I've been busy, and the script
interpretation parts have been completely rewritten.  Anyhow, you can
download it and see the list of new features, but one feature I though was
important enough to mention here.  OGRE now comes with complete C++ source
code!  Feel free to borrow from it anything thet you like, Borland makefiles
are included.  Maybe someone who knows how can write a better language in
and use my functions as a "back end" to make the objects. 

I just decided that since I wasn't spending much time working on it, that it
would serve the community better to have it public so that everyone can learn
about object creation.  

BTW - If anyone is interested in the fast loading of objects at runtime,
    I have designed a technique for storing objects in binary format so
    that any arbitrarily complex object can be read in only 4 or 5 fread()s.
    (Depending on whether you want to store colors separate from polys).
    If this is useful to anyone, let me know and I'll post info about it.

---

From: Donald James Sawdai <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 1994 12:08:01 +0000

Please excuse my ignorance, but what is OGRE?

Thanks,
Don Sawdai
[email-masked]