Subject: NorthCAD for REND386

From: [email-masked] (Eben R Gay)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 13:04:05 -0500

Does anyone have experience with NorthCAD for making models for 
REND386?

What sort of a modelling enviroment is it.  How easy is it to get models
from NorthCAD to REND386?  What are its limitations?  Would it be appropriate
for elementary kids?

This information is for the Natrona County School System in Wyoming which
is currently using REND386 in v.r. classes.  They are building many of their
objects by hand and would like a better way!

Thanks

Eben Gay

Virtual Reality consultant                  ERG Engineering, Inc.
[email-masked]        voice: (508) 460-0529  fax: (508) 229-0830
"With imagination you can achieve virtually anything" - v.r. fortune cookie!

---

From: [email-masked] (Chris Kwasnicki)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 1995 00:16:13 -0500

>from NorthCAD to REND386?  What are its limitations?  Would it be appropriate

I use NorthCAD to create objects both for Rend386 and WTKWIN.  It works very
well - outputs .DXF files, has a converter for NorthCAD->.PLG files (but not
back).  Haven't run into any limits.

I think kids could handle it.

Chris

Chris Kwasnicki       "Virtual Reality        ______  __     _____
Allinfo Inc.           is an attitude,       / VR  /|  _\   / HMD \
[email-masked]         not a technology"    /_____//     # (\_____/
VR developer/author                         |____|/      #  >___/