Subject: TECH: Request for cheap body suit and tracking ideas

From: [email-masked] (Jason MacFarlane)
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 94 12:27:05 CST

This does not really relate directly to Rend386 although I will be using it
but there may be people who read this that know the info I am after.

For my final year project this year (Comp. Sys. Engg. degree) I will be 
designing and building a VR body suit, the HMD has been built in previous
years but the tracking will have to be re-done.

The group will consist of myself and 2 or 3 others, and we have until the
end of the year to complete, or attempt to complete, the project. One of
the factors affecting what we actually do is budget (ie quite limited)

What I am seeking is any information of cheap methods that are currently
being used or suggestions on what could be tried, and if possible some
idea on cost. From the readings that I have done I know of a few body suit
methods (eg optical fibres, resistive coated materials etc) but I do not
have much of an idea on cost.

Also any suggestions on cheap tracking methods would be appreciated.

Replies can be sent to [email-masked]

Thanks in advance.

Jason.