Subject: Logitech Tracker Advice & A Question

From: pflaging <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 1994 22:33:01 -0400 (EDT)

Hi,
	I wanted to advise anyone working with a Logitech 3D Mouse /
Head Tracker of the following fact - it will not with Rend386 version 5
unless you disconnect the joystick before running it.  You could also
disable the joystick by changing the source code, but unplugging it is
easier.  There seems to be a conflict between the jostick device driver
and the serial interrupt driver.  Since the Logitech tracker is the only
serial device that works with Rend, it is the only device affected by
the joystick driver.
	I only discovered this after totally rewriting the Logitech
driver, so heed this warning.  I think
the root cause is that the joystick driver messes with the timer chip
(or perhaps it just disables interrupts at an inopportune time), and it
makes the serial driver very unhappy.
	I also have a question, does anyone know of a model of a tank
that already exists in PLG format, or perhaps of a low-polygon-count
tank in some other format?  I found a 10000+ polygon tank in 3DS format,
but I need something smaller.

Thanks in advance,
-Mark Pflaging

[email-masked]
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Shawn Knight)
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 94 12:24:24 EDT

> serial device that works with Rend, it is the only device affected by

I have no problem with the joystick and tracker on my PC .. the code for the
logitech tracker is screwed up only because of a bug in Borland C 3.1 .. if
you compile logipointer.c with 286 code rather than 386 it works fine!

--