Subject: 256 color support for Turbo C

From: [email-masked] (Sting)
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 93 11:08:51 EDT

I was wondering how rend386 uses a color pallette size of 256 when
BGI only supports 16 color 480x640.  How is this accomplished?  Also,
is there any way to get a better resolution than 480x640?  Also, are 
there any other graphics libraries available via ftp or even
by purshase for PC's?  And don't cost ALOT of moola and have better graphics
capabilities than what BGI currently supports?  Does Borland have any
intention of improving their interface?

    Hey guys (Dave and Bernie), I haven't seen your new book around.
What is the exact tittle and what book stores would have it?  I am
eager to check it out.

---
  ___________________________________________________________________________
 /\  \  \  \________|          Marc A. Lefebvre         |__________/  /  /  /\
|  \  \  \__________|         Software Engineer         |____________/  /  /  |
|\  \  \____________|    CyberBase Technologies Inc.    |______________/  /  /|
| \  \______________|       Software Developement       |________________/  / |
|  \________________|      9-1B Windingbrook Drive.     |__________________/  |
|\__________________|    Guilderland, New York 12084    |____________________/|
|-USA World Cup `94-|__________(518)452-0927____________|--USA World Cup `94--|
|*********** Makers of the virtual reality software, Virtuoso (tm) ***********|
 \[email-masked]@nick.csh.rit.edu__________/
      	      	      	 "I'd rather be Windsurfing!"

---

From: Aaron Pulkka <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 1993 17:44:22 -0700 (PDT)

> What is the exact tittle and what book stores would have it?  I am

Stampe, Dave and Roehl, Bernie and Eagan, John (1993). "Virtual Reality
Creations."  Corte Madera, CA: Waite Group Press. ISBN 1-878739-39-5
[includes Rend386 on a PC-disk].

I saw it at Crown Books, here in Seattle.

   __    __    __    __       _  <[email-masked]> [mud id: teklon] 
 /__ / /__ / /__ > /   / /\  / HITLab research assistant, ACM chapter treasurer
/   / /   / /  \_ /__ / /  \/ sci.virtual-worlds & rec.arts.cinema co-moderator
graduate student, Computer Science & Engineering, University of Washington, USA