Subject: Re: Virtual Reality Studio to...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 03 Dec 93 22:35:53 EST

Don't even bother getting VRS2.  I got it and I was hugely disappointed.

I got it on sale for $65 so I thought I had a good deal.  here are a FEW of
the bugs I've seen:

"Stand-alone" programs don't stand alone
Sound does not compile into "stand-alone" programs
data gets corrupted while saving, is unretrievable (I've lost a couple weeks'
worth of work from this!)
If not on drive C:, behavior is erratic.
If on drive C:, behavior is erratic.
If on a computer not using the flat memory model, behavior is erratic.
If on a computer using the flat memory model, it wants to have a 640k barrier
or it's erratic
and so on...

I urge you NOT to get VRS2.  (I know someone who had no problems with VRS1...
 BTW, there's supposedly a screen grab/hard copy feature, but neither myself
nor my friend could find it!)

[email-masked]