Subject: rend386 .. right-eye phase shifted?

From: [email-masked] (andrew longhorn )
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 92 17:08:48 EST

Hi, I have finally got the interface for the glove working and for the glasses.
I got my Toshiba glasses from reel-3d and can fully recommend them. They are
well-built, comfortable, can be worn with glasses, and have large are LCDs.
I seem to have a problem using them with rend386, I wanted to know if anyone
else had the same problem or whether I got a bunk pair.

The left eye piece works perfectly, but the right eye sometimes lets a left
image through, I have a feeling it is software based as the system was
unusable with the glove because the right eye was so out of sync. But the
bleeding was less apparent on a 486.

Any Ideas?

              ----------------         ----------------
             |      _   /|A   |       |   _ |\ A       |
             |      |  / |n   |       |   | | \ n      |
             |        /  |d   |       |     |  \ d     |
             | ___   /   |y   |       |  ___|   \ y    |
             |  |   /    |r   |       |   | |    \ r   |
             |  |  /     |o   |       |   | |     \ o  |
             |    /      |o   |       |     |      \ o |
              ----------------         ----------------

Cross-eyed, not distance focussed

---

From: Dave Stampe-Psy+Eng <dstamp@watserv1>
Date: Fri, 31 Jul 92 15:42:22 -0400

> From [email-masked] Fri Jul 31 10:56:13 1992
> From: [email-masked] (andrew longhorn )
> To: rend386@sunee, [email-masked]
> Subject: rend386 .. right-eye phase shifted?
> 
> 

I'd have to check the release 3 code.. but I think it's a sync problem
with video updates, not the glasses driver.  The Release 4 uses a different
method to determine when it's safe to start drawing the next image, so it
runs faster and doesn't have this problem.

- Dave Stampe