Subject: pointer_init in demo3.c

From: [email-masked]
Date: 22 Jul 92 14:07

>I notice that although pointer_read() is called in demo3.c,
          >pointer_init() is not.  Is this what's supposed to happen?

          Hi Chris,
          I think I can help with this last one.  Hopefully, someone
          else can grab on to some of the others.  The reason for the
          pointer_<etc> discrepancies is because the demo program
          didn't initially use a separate input device for
          manipulating the objects.  Rather, pointer.c converts the
          standard mouse info into a simulated 3D input device.  And,
          since the mouse is being used by both mouse_read and
          pointer_read, you wouldn't want to initialize it with
          pointer_init.  Rather, the pointer stuff is initialized
          inline.  Look in the demo3.c program at line 1024 and you'll
          see what I mean.
                pointer.port = 0;
                pointer.gesture = pointer.buttons = 0;
                pointer.x = pointer.y = pointer.z = 0;
                pointer.pan = pointer.tilt = pointer.roll = 0;
                pointer.sx = pointer.sy = pointer.sz = 1;
                for (i = 0; i < 16; ++i) pointer->flex[i] = 0;
          All that is missing is the call to interrupt 51 (0x33) with
          a function number of 0 (Reset Mouse and Driver).

          I was also scratching my head for a while with this one.
          Cheers, James