Subject: Devel5 exe size??

From: Jerry Isdale <[email-masked]>
Date: 04 Oct 93 11:22:18 EDT

This past weekend I compiled devel5 both with the IDE and with Make. The
makefile required some tweaking to get the directory paths correct, but it
works. Still produces a lot of Warnings, but glad to see many functions now
have prototypes!
 One disturbing thing to me, is that while both my compiled version and the
book version claim to be of 5/9/93, mine is 365Kb and the book version is only
212Kb. DAVE: what did you add? i see the logitech tracker stuff is in the
devel5, but that shouldnt make it grow by 140K!

 This week I try to get the Global Dev Controller code working plus my PGSI. I
grabbed a couple PGSI files from sunee. The pgsi5.zip looks like only an
executable version of rend V4. Why the '5' designation? pgsisega.zip is Charlie
Lindahl's sega replacement for V4. How many others are working on hooking it
into V5? 
 I am demo'ng Rend and some other stuff at Mike Heim's VRSIG this friday. I
hope to have some of the newest stuff to show (PGSI, GDC, Logitech, etc). I'll
also have an update of WhatIsVR to distribute there. It should be online in
various places by Monday or so of the following week.

Jerry