Subject: SOmething with TI CCDs

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 26 Jun 94 23:19:30 EDT

I remember somebody saying something about a $35 CCD chip and the means to
hook it up to a computer...  I have the article here, hold on a sec...  (Like
this is real time!)

The TC-211.  A $35 CCD chip which can be hooked up to a computer via circuit
described in _Telescope Making_ issue 46.

I have a couple of questions.

WHere can I get issue 46? If I can't get it, can I get the schematic off
someone else, possibly on this list?  Also, a reference to the TC-211M is
made.  What exactly is the extra M meaning?  Like, does it come with the
circuit?

I'm just wondering because I want to digitize some drawings for a game I'm
going to eventually get around to writing... :)

Oh, yeah...  Also, where can I get TI's product catalog (also referenced in
the posting)

Oh, to heck with it...  Here's the portion I'm referencing.

<<<
TI makes some very inexpensive CCD chips which should be able to make
cameras good enough for this application.  To quote the comp.robotics
FAQ,

| Texas Instruments
| TI makes a $35 CCD Imager, the TC-211, with 192x165 resolution.
| Following article is on a design for a camera using this chip over a
| parallel port from a PC. Telescope Making, Issue 46, Winter 91/92
| Newark Electronics sells the TC211-M for around US$50.00 See TI's
| Array Image Sensor Products data manual for more details.

Actually, is that posting still on comp.robotics?  if so, maybe I'll just
look for it here on AOL (now that we have newsgroups and I've subscribed to
comp.robotics!)

Joshua Shagam
/\
\\uantum

of |\.||
   |\|\/

<-======+=====->

Reasoning depends on programming, not on hardware.
  -Frank Herbert, Children of Dune

(Unless if it involves a video capture, of course!)