Subject: Latest REND386 demo now available

From: Bernie Roehl <broehl>
Date: Sat, 8 Aug 92 12:14:50 EDT

The latest version of the rend386 package is now available for ftp.

It's on sunee.uwaterloo.ca in the pub/rend386 directory.  At the moment,
only the demo is available, in a file called "demo4.zip".  The libraries
and library documentation are still being worked on, and should be available
some time towards the end of August.  (Bernie's about to go on holidays,
and Dave's got exams).

The current IP address for sunee.uwaterloo.ca is 129.97.50.50; note
that this has changed since the last release.  If you're at a site that has
a working nameserver, you won't need to worry about this.

If you don't have access to ftp, you can use the ftpmail service; just send
a mail message with the word help in the body (not the subject line!) to
[email-masked], and you'll receive mail back telling you how to use
the service.  (If you have problems using ftpmail, mention them in an
appropriate newsgroup -- not to the rend386 list!).

Remember to transfer .zip files in binary mode, both when ftp'ing and when
downloading to your local 386 system.  This is by far the most common mistake
people run into when getting the package.

As before, neither Dave nor I have time to service requests for floppy disks
in the mail, or uuencoded files sent via email, or what have you.  We'd much
rather be working on the software.

Note that some of the incompatabilities with different C compilers have
been fixed, but not all.  I'm developing using Turbo C++ version 1.00,
Dave is using a recent version of Borland C 3.00-something.

If you have any questions/problems/etc, please direct them to Bernie
([email-masked]) or Dave ([email-masked])
and we'll try to help.  Please don't post things directly to the
list unless you're sure they'll be of general interest; we're trying
to keep mailing list traffic as light as possible.

-- 
	Bernie Roehl, University of Waterloo Electrical Engineering Dept
	Mail: [email-masked]
	BangPath: uunet!watmath!sunee!broehl
	Voice:  (519) 885-1211 x 2607 [work]