Subject: Stuff

From: [email-masked] (David Boeren)
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 94 03:29:28 -0400

Most of this message concerns Watcom ports of REND/VR-386.

I have the Watcom fixedpoint libraries ready to give to anyone who
wants it.  To anyone who doesn't know, these are 16.16 fixedpoint math
using inline ASM for the lower level functions.  Speed is excellent, and
it includes many operations such as cross-product, matrix mult, square
roots, dot-product, and every other common operation I could think of.

Also, I have Watcom graphics libraries available.  One is for the
normal 320x200 "ModeY".  The other one covers all the X modex.  Resolutions
range from 256x224 to 400x300 and 400x600.  NOTE: 400x330 is a square
pixel mode!  (Sorry, that should say 400x300.  This editor sucks).
Anyhow, full source and everything is available for ftp at
wuarchive.wustl.edu in pub/MSDOS_UPLOADS/games/programming/watcom

I expect to put all my other useful stuff there too soon.  However, when I 
tried to ftp a few seconds ago it said "Connection Refused".  I send
them when I can.

Also, I have a microsecond-resolution timer in Watcom.  Anyone who
want it just let me know.  Maybe we need a new directory at sunee?

Finally, and perhaps most important to non-programmers, I have a DOOM
patch.  I have made a polygon model of a Knight with OGRE and replaced
all the DOOM graphics of the red demons with my knight.  He has bendable
joints, so when he runs and whacks you with a sword he really bends
his hips/knees/elbows/shoulders.  It's pretty humorous, I think.
And not too hard to do, really.  If response is positive, I may do
more of them with other models.  Anyone interested, mail me.  I may
put this up on ftp at wustl in doomstuff and possibly on ftp.uwp.edu too.
Also, anyone with a good digitized "NI" sound from Holy Grail, please send it
to me and I'll include it!  The only one I sound is pretty grainy :(