Subject: Suggestion for change

From: [email-masked] (Eric J Pierce)
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 1995 09:18:00 -0500

Here's a suggestion.

Why not become a USENET group.  Some possibilities might be:

	sci.virtual-worlds.garage
	sci.virtual-worlds.free
	sci.virtual-worlds.public
	comp.sys.ibm-pc.vr

There is already a sci.virtual-worlds.apps but that is geared toward 
commercial products.  We could always just INVADE it.  However, I think 
there is a significantly large community (despite recent exodus from
this mailing list) of people that use public-domain vr and we should be able 
to get our own place on USENET if we wanted to.

Correct me if I'm wrong but if you don't have news you should be able
to get it emailed to you.  If we migrate, we could broadcast what to do.

My suggestion then is that we find a home for free, multi-platform vr 
efforts on USENET.  I think cross fertilization with any other vr386 like 
work that springs up on Macs, PowerPCs, Unix workstations or whatever would 
be a good thing?

			Thoughts anyone?

						- Eric Pierce
						[email-masked]

---

From: Chris Kwasnicki <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 1995 10:32:21 -0500 (EST)

> commercial products.  
> We could always just INVADE it.  However, I think 
No you cannot - it is moderated, your proposed use of it is against
it's charter, and most important of all, it no longer exists, having been
dropped due to lack of input (the big boys hold their commercial cards
very close to their chests)

> to get our own place on USENET if we wanted to.
There are procedures in place to propose such an newsgroup.  But why bother?
sci.virtual-worlds allows for discussion of all levels of VR.  For the
amount of traffic this list got, it's just not woth opening up a new
newsgroup yet.

Besides, there is always alt.uu.virtual-worlds.misc.

> work that springs up on Macs, PowerPCs, Unix workstations or whatever would 

Chris Kwasnicki       "Virtual Reality        ______  __     _____
Allinfo Inc.           is an attitude,       / VR  /|  _\   / HMD \
[email-masked]         not a technology"    /_____//     # (\_____/
VR developer/author                         |____|/      #  >___/