Subject: Re: unzipping

From: [email-masked] (Randy Williams)
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 93 09:48:04 PDT

Perhaps you're ftp'ing in text mode?  Make sure you specify binary before you
get any files.  Also, you may need a newer version of PKUNZIP.

Randy
[email-masked]

>Hi people,
>        I've been reading the email on your developments, etc., so I
>decided to download some of the demo files to give it a try.  The next
>morning I tried unzipping it (the demo.zip file) and it gave me an error
>such as 'Don't know how to handle <somedirectory>/<somefilename>.'  Am I
>doing something wrong?  I've used the pkzip/unzip files before, and I've
>never had this happen before.  (this is on an IBM clone, 486/33)  I then
>tried one of the self-exploding files, and it just locks up the computer.
>        I humbly ask you for any help.
>
>        Thanks in advance...
>
>        Dave
>        [email-masked]
>