Subject: Mac Port/6D Ball

From: Jerry Isdale <[email-masked]>
Date: 04 Dec 93 00:53:09 EST

(I'm putting two replies in one msg to cut down on the number of bad msg
returns I get.)

> Marc Nicholas <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Re: OS/2 version of Rend386
> And then there's the idea of a Macintosh port...

 Check out Gossamer. It is available on ftp.apple.com and CompuServe's
Cyberforum. It is written by Jon Blossom. Jon is currently working on adding
the ability to read PLG and WLD files (v5, including animation state machine)
for Version 2. This update will be aimed more at the end user rather than the
programmers. However, there will be more programming material available with V2
as well (maybe even source this time!).

> Terry L Parker -- Personal Account >INTERNET:[email-masked]
> Subject:    "Ball" input device (fwd)
> I recall reading about some kind of "ball" 6d input device....

 There are a couple 6D devices out now. Global Devices and Logitech both sell
6D joystick devices that provide 3 axis translation and 3 rotations plus
vibratory feedback and some buttons. Support for the GD 6D controller was added
to rendV4 in the release known as jirend.zip. Support for the Logitech
CyberMand device has been added by Joe Gradecki and will be written up in an
issue of his PCVR magazine.

Jerry Isdale