Subject: mouse/joystick pblm

From: [email-masked] (Fred Burke)
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 93 10:36:34 CDT

Yesterday I picked up a copy of the book "Virtual Reality Creations" here in
Austin at Bookstop. Looks like lots of good info in it and I'm looking forward
to reading the whole thing.

Naturally though I wanted to try out the new SW (which I assume is Version 5).
This is the first time I have tried REND386 on my new DX2 66.  It was very
smooth and very fast (minimum FPS was 30, max > 110).  On my old system I only
have a Logitech mouse but in addition to that I now have an Analog Joystick
from Gravis. The mouse in on COM1, IRQ 4 and the joystick is attached the the
SoundBlaster 16ASP game/midi port.

Using the joystick alone works fine but when I pressed 'j' so that I could use
the mouse to select an object to manipulate the world image just started
spinning out of control.  Pressing 'j' stopped the spinning but left it in such
a state that I could not determine how to get the view reoriented properly
again. Has anyone else seen this or is my new Opti motherboard and CPU acting
up? 

Thanks,
-Fred-

Fred Burke                                Texas Instruments, Inc.
                                          Telecom Systems Dept.
					  P.O. Box 149149  M/S 2201
					  Austin, TX 78714-9149
_  __/ ___/ /    ___/ ___/ __ /   \    /  Internet: [email-masked]
  /   __/  /    __/  /    /  /  / _/  /   TI MSG:   FBUR
_/  ____/____/____/____/____/__/   __/    Voice:    (512) 250-7459
                                          Fax:      (512) 250-7104