Subject: Glove Problems -- correction

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 94 01:59:30 EST

I sent an earlier message regarding IRQs and the Glove. After going back over
my notes, IRQ conflicts are not necessarily the problem.

I started with the device drivers being loaded in my config.sys and commented
them out one at a time and rebooted, prior to each test of rend386. Nothing
was changed.

I then repeated the process with the autoexec.bat. There were two things with
affected the rend386 program. I use RIGHTIME to correct the CMOS and DOS
clocks. This must be disabled otherwise rend386 runs slowly. It does bother
the Glove itself.

The problem was caused by QVTNET it is a windows telnet / terminal emulation
driver. I use it to login to my UNIX host via SCO UNIX/TCP/IP. I had to
comment out QVTNET.

It appears that I am going to have to go to multiple configurations to
support all of my systems or learn OS/2.

So all in all, my system setup up is complex, I would suspect that my fellow
experimenters/researchers are in similiar situations. Finding the offending
driver/TSR is a trial and error process.

I hope this helps.

Somebody out there find me a pair of SEGA glasses. :-)