Subject: HELP! Can't seem to get rend386 up and running

From: Chris BELL <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Jul 94 12:52:53 -0400

Hi.  I got the rend386 file from both PCVR (ordered a back issue) and from
the sunee site.  I'm a novice at programming, and have got the Borland C++
for windows and dos.  I've tried writing and compiling the PCVR 'skeleton' filebut keep getting errors.  (I had the target as dos, but the setup_render function wants parameters defined, if I remember.)  Anyway, I downloaded the zip
file from sunee, and also noticed that this was about 20k bigger.  So, I
unzipped it, and tried to compile the '*.c' files in the Borland (in windows -
can I do this in DOS?) and got plenty of errors.  I made a special 'include'
file of all the vr386 '*.h' and the others specified in the header, but still
get errors.  I'm in Montreal, and ordered through McGill's interlibrary loans
Virtual Reality Creations, and looked at it but not while a the computer.  Why
I did it that way I have no idea, but be that as it may, I had a demo running
on a friend's computer, played with it a bit, and had to get the book back to
the library, without taking advantage of the disk in it, which seems to have
had a much easier installation of rend386.  (The demo I got from the PCVR 
disks.)  So, am I not converting into c properly, or something?  Or am I just
generally inept, and have missed some really simple stuf along the way?
HELP!!
Thanks.
Chris