Subject: Re: Sega 3D thingy

From: Jim McGrath <[email-masked]>
Date: 24 Apr 92 13:01:39 GMT+1200

> I just finished up today a software driver that works with cards
> without vertical interrupts.  It monitors the vertical sync time,
> calculates what interrupt clock speed to set, then re-synchronizes
> to the video frame switching every 5 frames.  Less than 1% CPU
> overhead.  I'm also looking at integrating it with the Powerglove
> driver, so they're all interrupt driven.  (Get that done tomorrow).

> I'll have to add a bit to REND386: some sort of compute_stereo_viewport()
> routine or something-- just give it a normal viewport and some stereo
> factors (convergence distance, interocular spacing, magnification) and
> it'll give you left and right eye views.  More work...  But this will be
> designed to work with eyephones as well as Sega glasses.

> -Dave Stampe

I don't know if you had posted that to the list so...

These eyephones you mention, what are they?

Has anyone out there started on a DXF to OFF converter yet?
--
Jim McGrath             [email-masked]
--

---

From: Dave Stampe-Psy+Eng <dstamp@watserv1>
Date: Fri, 24 Apr 92 01:19:09 -0400

An eyephone is sort of a wide-field of view headmounted display that
should track the user's head position with its images.  I'm making a
set out of Fresnel lenses and B&W mini-TVs.

- Dave STampe