Subject: Compiling rend386 with djgpp

From: [email-masked] (Charles Anderson)
Date: Fri, 1 May 92 17:04:54 CDT

Has rend386 been compiled with djgpp?  I would like to give it a try, but
there is no makefile for rend386.  If it has been compiled with djgpp,
was it any faster than borland c?  I would think that producing native
386 code for everything would be faster, but I'm not sure how much better
borland's optimizer is than GNU's.

BTW, I compiled demo2 with borland C++ 3.0 and it works but it hangs
at times that didn't happen with the precompiled version.  I'm gonna
try running it through Turbo Debugger when I get a chance.

-Charlie
-- 
/-Charles-Anderson-\   |       [email-masked] || [email-masked] 
\------------------/   | Com Squared Systems,          voice (612) 452-9522
The rose goes in front | 1285 Corporate Center Drive    fax  (612) 452-3607
big guy -Crash Davis   | Suite 170 | Eagan,  MN 55121  (I speak for myself)

---

From: [email-masked] (Charles Anderson)
Date: Mon, 4 May 92 9:57:23 CDT

> 
> You would have to translate all the 8086 assembler to 386 mode.
> It's fairly straightforward; there's just alot of it.
> 
> I run Unix/386 so of course I'm interested.  Also, for serious VR
> and 3D graphics work, you wind up needing lots of RAM.  Not to mention
> sound samples!  So, the ability to address several Megs is certainly
> interesting.
> 
> Lance
> 
I hadn't looked, but I was under the impression that the assembler that
was written was for a 386 hence the reason that the package required a
386 to run.

-Charlie