Subject: Announcing the first release of AVRIL!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Aug 94 16:32:28 EDT

After a delay of several months, the first official release of AVRIL is
now available.

AVRIL is A Virtual Reality Interface Library, a collection of routines
for doing polygon graphics, reading a variety of input devices, and other
activities related to VR.  It is a successor to REND386.

AVRIL requires at least a 386 and a VGA card, and provides support for the
following input devices:

      keypad arrows
      mouse
      joystick
      Logitech Cyberman
      Logitech Red Baron ultrasonic tracker
      Global Devices Controller
      Spatial Systems Spaceball

To develop applications with AVRIL, you currently need Borland C 3.1;
however, support for other compilers (and other platforms) is coming soon.
Yes, there will be a port to Linux, probably some time in the next
few months.

There have been some changes since the pre-release back in April, and
the documentation has almost doubled in size.  If you've already
developed some applications using AVRIL, check out the revision history
in Appendix A for a quick summary of the changes.

AVRIL is available on sunee.uwaterloo.ca in the pub/avril directory
(the filename is avril10.zip).  Our site is now connected to the net
with a T1 line, so you should notice much better transfer rates.
Remember to transfer .zip files in binary mode, both when using ftp and
when downloading to your system.

Have fun using AVRIL!