Subject: Help with PowerGlove Modes

From: "Jonathan Shapiro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1993 12:21:06 SAT

Hi There,

I wonder if anyone can help me with a problem I have with the Mattel 
PowerGlove.

I am interfacing the glove to the PC (through the parallel port), and 
am writing a program that uses the glove. The problem I have is that 
the glove goes into strange "modes" every now and again, and just 
hangs. I fiddle around with the keys on the glove keypad for a while 
and it seems to come right - sometimes.

Is there anyone out there who actually understands the effect that 
the different keys on the glove keypad have on the glove's operation 
when it is connected to the PC. Also, what is the default mode that 
the glove is set to when the PC is switched on.

It is not just my program that is the problem - this happens with the 
rend386 demo program as well.

If anyone can help, please mail me, as this is really becoming a 
problem - often I don't know whether it is the glove or my program 
that is the problem.

Thanks

Jonathan Shapiro

---------------------------------------------------------------------

    _/_/_/_/_/  _/_/_/_/   _/_/_/_/     Jonathan Craig Shapiro
       _/      _/         _/            Wits University
      _/      _/         _/_/_/_/       Electrical Engineering
 _/  _/      _/               _/
_/_/_/      _/_/_/_/   _/_/_/_/         [email-masked]