Subject: Update demo4 now available on sunee

From: Bernie Roehl <broehl>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 92 12:18:53 EDT

A new version of demo4 is now available on sunee.uwaterloo.ca in the
pub/rend386 directory.

The main purpose of this mini-release of the demo is to try to solve the
problems people have reported with the Sega glasses.  Please let Bernie
and Dave know if this version solves the problems you've been having.

You can reach us at [email-masked] and [email-masked]
(Dave's mail will automatically forward to his new address).

There have been several other important changes since the first demo4
release.  The most significant is that we have now converted over to a
standard left-hand coordinate system rather than the hybrid system we
had been using previously.  This means you must change the rotation angles
in any .wld and .fig files you create to match the new system; there's a file
called "coords.doc" included in the demo4.zip file that describes the
coordinate system we now use.

This version also supports a configuration file, called REND386.CFG, which
can contain (among other things) configuration parameters for both the Sega
glasses and the Nintendo PowerGlove.  We also support a REND386 environment
variable to give the location of files.

We've also started to implement support for loadable device drivers, for both
video cards and pointing devices.

And yes, the bugs with the '*' and 'v' commands have been fixed. 

Please let us know of any problems you encounter with this demo release.
Once we've solved any reported problems, we'll release the latest version
of the development libraries and documentation.

-- 
	Bernie Roehl, University of Waterloo Electrical Engineering Dept
	Mail: [email-masked]
	BangPath: uunet!watmath!sunee!broehl
	Voice:  (519) 885-1211 x 2607 [work]