From: [email-masked] (yo'man)
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 93 17:28:25 -0600

THE UT IEEE COMPUTER SOCIETY ANNOUNCES

		     A SEMINAR ON VIRTUAL REALITY

		WHEN: April 5th and 6th from 6:00-8:00

		       WHERE: Monday: CPE 2.214
			  Tuesday: RLM 4.102
			      UT Campus

The IEEE Computer Society Student Branch at the University of Texas
will be hosting a seminar on Virtual Reality.  The purpose of this
seminar is to make available to students and interested public what
Virtual Reality is, how it works, and where its going.

Speakers will be from UT and area Corporations.

Monday, April 5th, CPE 2.214
              6:00  Dr Don Fussel, UT Computer Science Professor
                        Introduction and Overview

              7:15  Paco Xander Nathan, FringeWare, Inc.
                        Fringe Applications of VR

Tuesday, April 6th, RLM 4.102

              6:00  Mark Tarleton, MCC
                        Software Framework for VR Systems

              7:00  Greg Meredith, MCC
                        Alternative Visualizations

	      8:00  Andrew Wheeler, Chris Chuter, ECE Undergraduates
                        Demonstration 

Food and Refreshments will be served at both dates.

Admission is free.

Any questions can be mailed to [email-masked], or by
phone, 471-5038.

------------------------------
Btw, the demonstration will hopefully be our serial networked Rend386
application we're currently working on.  If we don't get done w/ it then
we'll have a 486/Powerglove/Sega system.  Anyone try to link two machines
together yet?    

Andrew Wheeler
Applied Research Laboratories
University of Texas at Austin