Subject: 6d tracker

From: [email-masked] (Trenton Tuggle)
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 92 14:10:21 EDT

Dave:
 
Here at the Visual Systems Lab, we've been using the Logitech 
Red Barron (6d mouse) as a head tracker for about 6 months 
now.  We mount the reciever on top of the helmet (we use VPL 
eyephones for virtual reality stuff) and the transmitter on a 
boom about a foot above the head.  It seems to work best 
around a foot.  Anyway, if you're looking for things to do, it 
would be intresting to see it.  It'd be good if you didn't tie 
the mouse in as a head tracker, but left it open, so maybe we 
could use it like a sort of 3d joystick to fly around the 
world...
 
On another note, when do you expect version 4 libraries?

type to you later,
Trent Tuggle
[email-masked] - Institute for Simulation & Training