Subject: Re: HRES REND

From: Chris Hand <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 93 15:43:48 BST

Steve=Cox said:
>   I am not sure about this part ..... but is anyone sure about 
> hardware page flipping in mode 5C .... or 640x480x256 ...
>  I don't think you can page flip in this mode .... I am probably
> wrong ....
> 
> 
>  Steve Cox
>  SysOp
>  Houston Game Designer

[presumably this was meant for the list, not for me...?]

I don't know the answer to that, I'm not a [S]VGA hacker (sorry!).

I'm talking SVGA cards here though, so we would expect at least
to have enough RAM... 640x480x256 is 300k, and plenty of SVGA's
have 1Meg, more than enough for *two* pages (but not enough for
double-buffered stereo).

Chris

-- 
Chris Hand, Lecturer                Internet mail: [email-masked]
Dept of Computing Science,          *new* FIDO address: 2:2503/307.50
De Montfort University, The Gateway,  Fax: +44 533 541891  
LEICESTER, UK   LE1 9BH             >> Reality is 80 Million polygons/second <<