Subject: Using the integer math library

From: Alexander Walsh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Aug 1994 10:55:46 -0230

After much deliberation, I have finally come up with a game to write. The 
design requires a fixed-point math library (like the one in rend386). Has 
anyone ever tried to tear it away from the package? I downloaded the 
sources for devel4.zip (should I use devel5.zip?), and looked through the 
code. 

It seems the main math stuff is in intmath.c, intmathx.c, inttrig.c, 
mathinit.c, matrix.c ... but what I am having trouble with is how to get 
the numbers in <3.29> format and then to <30.2> format (or into <32.32> 
format), when to convert back and forth, etc. I looked through wparse.c 
and the scale3/scale4 functions look favorable but I'm not exactly sure 
what they do. 

I think I will convert the library to a collection of C++ classes. If 
anyone has any interest in this, or any info to offer ... please let me 
know (I read Virtual Reality Creations ... the info is too sparse). 

PS> Don't worry guys ... due credit will be given for all code!

Thanx in advance,
Sandy

----
Mr. Sandy Walsh| I've been carving you, to see what form you'd take. 
[email-masked]| You were hiding in ivory, I just wanted to free your shape
               | - The Tragically Hip

---

From: [email-masked] (Jose Daniel Ramos Wey)
Date: Thu, 4 Aug 94 10:10:33 EST

> sources for devel4.zip (should I use devel5.zip?), and looked through the 
Well, Dave Stampe rewrote these routines (and many others from REND386) in the 
VR386 package. His intention was to make easier to programming with. Maybe
you should take a look.

> know (I read Virtual Reality Creations ... the info is too sparse). 

If you do it, please let us know...

> Sandy

Jose Daniel Ramos Wey
[email-masked]