Subject: Re: Sega parallel connection in 'v.r. playhouse' book

From: Dave Stampe-Psy+Eng <dstamp@watserv1>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 92 20:32:17 -0400

> From [email-masked] Wed Aug 12 18:34:36 1992
> From: [email-masked] (Eyal Lebedinsky)
> Subject: Sega parallel connection in 'v.r. playhouse' book
> To: rend386@sunee
> 
> Hello,
> 
> I decided to have a look at this book (from the Waite group). It describes
> a parallel port connection to the Sega glasses but the description is very
> broken (I find it so). Anybody familiar with this connection method who can
> point me at a more complete source of info? I find it easier to spare one
> parallel port than one serial port on my machine.
> 
> -- 
> Regards
> 	Eyal Lebedinsky		[email-masked]
> 

The description is (technically) correct, but you have to add those pesky 
power supplies!  I had a PC extension card I wired into for the +5 and +12,
but another way would be to get a 15V adapter, a 7805, and a 7812 regulator,
and roll your own.  Or get one of those surplus videogame, Coleco or
Commodore external power supplies: they have those voltages.  One 
warning: the unit doesn't switch the glasses off: leaving the glasses 
plugged in for a few days is a good way to fry the glasses (B-{((

- Dave Stampe