Subject: ACK3D and Other Files on Sunee

From: Jerry Isdale <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Sep 1993 08:53:38 -0700

The files I uploaded to /pub/incoming on sunee are still there and that
directory is not visible. However, if you know the file names, you can get
them. I have also uploaded these same files to stein.u.washington and Toni
Emerson should be putting them someplace public soon. I dont know when the
Sunee folks will move stuff. 
Anyway, here are the full file names and descriptions, Good Luck!
The file names and descriptions area:

pgpatent.zip
  Zip file of VPL Glove Patent. Contains several GIF files of the images
plus the full text of the patent. From the Compuserve Cyberforum libraries.

jirend.zip
  Jerry Isdale's updated version of Rend386 v4. Zip contains source, docs
and room5.wld. Code compiles w/o warnings under Borland C 3.1, re-organizes
some source directories, adds serial line handling functions and support for
Global Devices 6d Controller. (also hooks for Logitech driver which Dave
Stampe has not released yet).

rendtx.zip
  Joe Gradecki's demo version of Rend386 with TEXTURE MAPPING. A demo only,
and it c r a w l s when showing textures, but it works.

eedemo.zip
  Eric Elliot's demo version of Rend386 with the BOB oo interpretive
scripting language to control object position/orientation. BOB was written
by David Betz of XLISP, XSCHEME fame.

ackdem.zip
 Demo of Lary Meyer's ACK3D graphics engine. Provides raycasting similar to
that used in Ultima Underworld, and other games. Not quite a full game in
itself, but most impressive. (PC 386 required)

ackeng.zip
 Full Source code to Lary Meyer's ACK3D graphics engine. Source is freeware.
Provides raycasting similar to that used in Ultima Underworld, and other
games. 
ackexp.zip      
 Example code using ACK3D. 
 (Lary and others responsible for ACK3D are on CompuServe's Gamers forum.
They dont have Internet FTP access themselves but asked me to post these for
them.)

Virtually Yours,
  Jerry Isdale
  SysOp, CompuServe CyberForum

ps. This mail list barfs back 20-30 bad addresses. I am using my WELL
address to send because I dont see it as often and dont have to pay for
them. If you want to contact me more quickly, use [email-masked]
Maybe someday the list will be cleaned up too. With all the new folks
expected due to the book, it would be nice....