From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 93 21:41:47 EST

Subject: Logitech 6D mouse

I got a couple of evenings free and created a Logitech 6D mouse
driver, especially designed for head tracking.  Because of time
limitations, and bugs in the Release 4 headtracker slot software,
it will have to be released as a update of Release 4, as an
internal driver.  Some things, such as the .CFG file commands
for it, will be for this update only.

For those of you who program  Source code changes are an added module and
modifications to demo4.c (startup order), joystick.c (interrupt stuff),
pointer.c (internal driver setup), and hdmanip.c (removed recentering,
as it doesn't work).

As on a few minutes ago, everything works.  The big triangle goes about
2 feet over your head (things get flakey at 3 feet), top pointing ahead.
One of the receiver triangles sits on top of your head.  Full 360 degree
rotate, about 60 degree tilt and roll.  Not perfect, but it works OK.

Hope to get it up for FTP next week sometime.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
| My life is Hardware,                    |         Dave Stampe          | 
| my destiny is Software,                 | [email-masked]    |
| my CPU is Wetware...                    | [email-masked]   | 
| Am I a techno-psychologist, or just a psycho-engineer ??               |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------