Subject: A few rend386 questionsss

From: Helge Egelund Rasmussen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1993 09:43:45 +0100

I've just got Rend386, and is really impressed by the speed of this thing,
however I've got a few questions about Rend386...

- Does the polygon vertices (in PLG files) have to be ordered in any given way 
  (to define the surface normal direction?).
  Example:
  I've got a polygon consisting of 4 vertices a, b, c and d,
  Is there any difference between a,b,c,d and d,c,b,a?

- The 'V' (Resize screen) command doesn't work in DEMO4 anymore. I can see
  that it depends on a #define (RESIZE_IMPLEMENTED ?) in the demo4 source code.
  Why isn't it working, don't the new drivers support this?

- Is there any way to modify objects, such as moving a single vertex or changing
  the color of a face?

- I've begun to compile the source code with borland c++ (bcc). To do this
  I have to change the makefiles ( "tcc" -> "bcc"), but the compiler reports
  lots and lots of implicit definition warnings. Which compiler switches 
  should I use for bcc?

Thanks in advance,

Helge
---
Helge E. Rasmussen  .  PHONE + 45 36 72 33 00  .  E-mail:  [email-masked]
Compel A/S          .  FAX   + 45 36 72 43 00  .  
Copenhagen, Denmark