Subject: power glove

From: "M.Chapman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 1994 22:23:06 -0500

is it possible to redefine the glove routine in rend?

ie -make different finger recognitions.

and can you add movement to the glove? i'd like to be able to point in 
a direction and making a motion move through the world.

| Tass Chapman | [email-masked] | FIDO 1:221\403     |
| Conestoga College- Elec' Tech' Eng. Telecommunications |
| Kitchener Ontario Canada				 |
"OOPS... I guess that's not a thing conductive to a long life."

---

From: [email-masked] (Shawn Knight)
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 94 20:58:04 EST

> "OOPS... I guess that's not a thing conductive to a long life."

You can, I did it.  Much easier to move around with the glove when you can
point.   But you gotta program and recompile to do it.   Basically all I did
in the main procedure was look at the gesture structure (this is vague since
I did it about a year and half ago) and if it is pointing then move the
ex,ey and ez to the x,y and z position of where the palm is.   It is cool,
since in the next redraw your body will be where the palm is during the
current frame and the palm automatically advances moves to the proper
position for the next frame.   This is also a speed control, move the glove
closer to your body and you will step in smaller amounts, farther out, the
more of a step.  Lift the glove up and you go up, down and you go down, left
and right and ...
 
Pretty easy to do, about 7 lines of code.

--

---

From: Nick Moffitt <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Mar 1994 10:37:52 -0800 (PST)

> Pretty easy to do, about 7 lines of code.
Give us that code.
	NOW!
 Buhahahhaaaa...
    I want.