Subject: Serial Code

From: [email-masked] (David Ford)
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1993 11:33:48 +1100

Greetings to all...  This is my first time on the list, and (naturally)
I have a few questions (hopefully the odd answer later).

I'm trying to get a form of "two people in a box" up - ie two people,
same universe but with different viewpoints.  In viewer A's
world you see a representation of viewer B - ditto for B.  A&B get to
move around and interact with objects, but they're in identical
worlds, so the interactionis online and might be cute.  Anyway, so
far I've used the rend386 room5.wld with another PC just moving the
sculpture around.  Tried changing the code so that it sent a bigger
datagram with complete details in it and it blew up!  No idea why.

(actually I might - the old V4 code masks serial interrupts).  But
I'm wondering if this particular wheel might not already be rolling
somewhere, in which case perhaps I should just invent something else.

So....  In short, what I'm after is ANY code which sends serial stuff
(big chunks, 40 bytes or more) or which even does the whole shebang
and has people in the same world.   

Thanks in advance

David Ford

[email-masked] (David Ford)
APANA, Hobart, Tasmania: 002 34 8696