Subject: Re: StereoGraphics to release cheaper LCD glasses

From: "Tony Longhurst" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 1995 09:29:21 +0200

> Is the original CrystalEyes system compatible with Rend386?
> And finally, although having NOTHING to do with the above questions, this
> has plagued me for some time.
> Is the a version 6 of Rend386?  If so, where can I get it?  And where are
> .WLD and .PLG files distributed?
> Any answers are always appreciated (and desperately needed :)!
>
> Rory Johnston 

Based on your message I found a WWW page for stereographics on:
http://infolane.com/infolane/stereog/sgresponse.html.
I am interested in VR for audiences and I notice that they sell 
projection systems so thanks for the idea.

Other information (that you have probably received from Bernie by 
now but here it is anyway) :

New REND386 worlds can be found at sunee.uwaterloo.ca in the 
pub/rend386/worlds directory.

Also an excellent page is the <http://www.cs.tu-berlin.de/~ki/engines.html>.
which describes a lot (infact nearly all) of the cheaper graphics/VR 
engines.

I am currently trying to determine which is the better product 
OpenGL/Inventor, Render Lab or RenderWare for providing sapcecraft 
visualisation under Windows NT and Visual C++. Does anybody have any 
ideas on this. It looks like with Microsoft acquistion of 
RenderMorphics that RenderLab may well become the standard. It will 
be bundled with Windows 95.

Did anyone try out the CU-SEEME S/W, what's it like?
Information about CU-SeeMe, free video/audio Internet
teleconferencing software, can be found at the CU-SeeMe Homepage at
http://cu-seeme.cornell.edu.

I have yet to try this and I must also try Todd Porter's 2Morrow S/W,
information at http://www.gate.net/~porter. 

By the way I have tried using VR386 with the Fresnel viewer and it 
does not seem to work as well as Rend386 did. Has anybody else had a 
problem with getting the same resolution in stereo colour?

Tony Longhurst

<German Space Operations Centre - Munich>