Subject: Textures in rend386? (fwd)

From: Bernie Roehl <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 93 9:34:56 EDT

> From [email-masked] Tue Sep 21 03:37:50 1993
> Date: Tue, 21 Sep 1993 16:29:09 +0930 (CST)
> From: Gavin <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Textures in rend386?
> 
> Is it possible to map a bitmap onto a polygon surface with rend386 ?

Not yet, but there are plans to put it in Version 6.  Be forewarned, though;
texture mapping will slow things down a lot.

---

From: Bernie Roehl <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 93 8:23:00 EDT

> Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1993 17:38:25 +0930 (CST)
> Excuse my ignorance but could you more closely define the following terms and 
> what I should do to get to them:
> 
> >PCVR

PCVR is a newsletter/magazine published by Joe Gradecki.  Its focus is on
"homebrew" VR; things like building your own HMD, how to create objects for
virtual worlds, etc.  It's quite good; if Joe is reading this, he may want
to post his current mailing address (I'm at home and the information's not).
 
> >"Virtual Reality Creations", which contains an assortment of worlds.

Virtual Reality Creations is the new book that was just published a couple
of weeks ago.  It should be available at any major bookstore.  It was written
by myself, Dave Stampe and John Eagan, and contains the latest version of
rend386 along with a number of sample worlds contributed by a variety of
people on the net.