Subject: EISA bus VGA cards

From: [email-masked] (Lance Norskog)
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 92 21:23:13 PST

According to one of their competitors (a sales guy at the Micronics booth
at Usenix) Mylex sells a real 32-bit VGA frame buffer for EISA-bus
386 & 486 machines.  This would certainly help renderer performance...

Lance Norskog
[email-masked]

---

From: Dave Stampe-Psy+Eng <dstamp@watserv1>
Date: Tue, 4 Feb 92 08:50:43 -0500

> From [email-masked] Tue Feb  4 00:25:37 1992
> From: [email-masked] (Lance Norskog)
> To: rend386@sunee
> Subject: EISA bus VGA cards
> 

Actually, the demo you see now spends a total of 25% of its time clearing and drawing the screen.  The rest of the time is math and structure manipulation.
If you have fewer, larger polys, it would help a lot more.  But you can
also purchase VGA (Powermaster??) VGA cards that have 1/5 the access
time of standard VGA cards, so EISA is not really needed to increase
performance yet.  Also, I have some data (non-disclosure) that says that 
you should hold onto your cash for 6 months or so.. Youll be glad you did.

- Dave Stampe