Subject: Internat. VRSIG Meeting at VRW '95

From: "Kloss, Jrg" <[email-masked]>
Date: 23 Jan 95 16:17:57 MET

*****************************************************
  *****************************************************
  **** International VR-SIG Meeting at the VRW '95 ****
  *****************************************************
  *****************************************************

Introduction
------------

From the 21st to 23rd of February 1995 Europe's most important
VR event takes place: The Virtual Reality World '95. For the
first time the three famous European VR conferences VR-Forum
(Fraunhofer-Institutes IAO and IPA, Stuttgart, D), VR-Expo
(Mecklermedia, London, UK) and VR-Vienna (IDG conferences &
seminars, Vienna, AUT) are united in Stuttgart, Germany. 
Outstanding researchers and industrials from all over the world
will present their latest developments and concepts at the VRW
'95. In addition there will be hands-on tutorials, an exhibition
of state-of-the-art Hardware and Software and an Experience
Park.

During a talk between Christian Bauer (R2, Austria; jointly
responsible for the VRW '95), Joerg Kloss (VRASP Europe,
Germany) and Kornel Szabo (VR-SIG Switzerland) the idea
originated to initiate an international meeting of VR Special
Interest Groups on the occasion of the VRW '95.

The VR-SIG Meeting will be opened by a short talk of one speaker
of each SIG about their activities, projects, ideas or whatever
they think the best is for describing themselves. After that
session there will be the chance to get together over one or
more glasses of beer (party!!!).
Two target groups will mainly profit from this event: members of
the different SIG's who will get in contact with each other for
exchanging their experiences, and visitors of the VRW '95 and
other VR-interested people who will receive information about
activities and contacts to VR-groups in their countries or local
areas.

We hope that also the other VR-SIG's like the idea of an
international meeting, and we are looking forward to this
exciting and funny experiment!

The date for the VR-SIG Meeting is scheduled for February the
23rd from 7 p.m. to officially 9 p.m. (unofficially open-
ended!). Because this time is right after the currently planed
end of the VRW '95 there won't be any overlaps. The location is
not fixed yet. 
We will send another announcement later, which will include the
definite date and location and probably a rough schedule for the
International VR-SIG Meeting.

In case of difficulties to find a lodging in Stuttgart, we are
providing 'emergency' accomodations to VR-SIG members. Don't
forget your sleeping-bags and inform us as soon as possible if
you are planing to enlist this solution.

Speakers of the VR-SIG's receive free entrance to the VRW '95!
The VR-SIG Meeting is free of charge.

Anyway, VR-SIG's of the world, send us your confirmation and a
short abstract about your scheduled talk (max. 10-15 minutes) as
soon as possible. The more answers we receive till January the
25th the greater are our chances to be an official item on the
agenda of the VRW '95!
In ANY case, please send us information about your VR-SIG (at
least name, location, e-mail, meetings and activities), so we
can give a complete list to all interested people.

Furthermore, we would appreciate if you could forward this
announcement to every other VR-SIG you know about (hopefully
this won't be an avalanche ;-)), so that as much as possible
groups will meet each other in Stuttgart and that the
International VR-SIG Meeting will be a success. 
Wouldn't that be great!?!

Deadlines
---------

For notification of participation and abstracts:

Best:     January, the 25th
Ok:       February, the 1st

Contacts
--------

Information, registration and address for the abstracts 
International VR-SIG Meeting:

     VRASP Europe
     Am Weidengraben 86/C5
     54296 Trier, Germany
     Tel. ++49-(0)651-29653
     E-mail: [email-masked]

Information VRW '95:

     Virtual Reality World '95
     c/o IDG conferences & seminars
     Rheinstrasse 28
     80803 Muenchen, Germany
     Tel. ++49-(0)89-36086-390
     Fax  ++49-(0)89-36086-274
     E-mail: [email-masked]
     WWW:ftp://ftp:IPA.FhG.de/pub/VIRTUAL-REALITY/WWW/VRW95