Subject: diff in VRC and personal .exe

From: "Graham Robbins" <[email-masked]>
Date: 28 Feb 94 07:48:59 GMT+0800

Good Morning,
            I have just finished first reading of "VRC". Good joob
guys.  Howvever a question arises.  Given that there is a 150Kb
difference between the result of the V5 compilation and the V5 that
came with the book, Whats the difference ? There is a difference in
speed, at least on my system so the question is not totally trivial.
Thanks
GR
Graham Robbins
Edith Cowan University
(139.230.96.25)

---

From: Chris Kwasnicki <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Feb 1994 09:25:50 -0500 (EST)

> came with the book, Whats the difference ? There is a difference in
There is a utility called strip, or something close to that.  It removes
some symbolic information, decreasing the size of the .exe
> speed, at least on my system so the question is not totally trivial.
I haven't notice any speed differences.

> Thanks
You're welcome
> Edith Cowan University
Chris

/---------------------------------------------------------------------------\
| Chris Kwasnicki 	  | "You can't run away forever, but's there's      |
| my account, my opinions | nothing wrong with getting a good head start"   |
\ [email-masked]	  |	-Meatloaf "Rock & Roll Dreams Come Through" /