Subject: Cyberterm: virtual-worlds client/server

From: FACCHINETTI <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1993 09:10:32 +0100

I am a new subscriber to this list. Sorry if this question has been
posted already 549657365 (or more) times.

I found an interesting document in sunee.uwaterloo.ca (/pub/netgame/
CYBERTERM) posted in May 1992 by Michael Snoswell. I won't go into
details about the CYBERTERM architecture, but basically it described
a VR-specific protocol between a client and a server (a kind of BBS),
which looked really nice. Michael was ready to release his creation in
the shareware domain by the end of 1992, but I looked and looked and
looked around and didn't find anything related to "CYBERTERM" anymore.
I tried to join Michael by e-mail, but didn't get any answer.

The CYBERTERM PC version was supposed to use REND386 for the graphic
engine, so may be someone in this list knows something about what
happened to Cyberterm.

On the other hand, if something comparable already exists in the REND386
world, I'd be glad to get info on it.

Claudio Facchinetti
[email-masked]

---

From: Chris Hand <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 Dec 93 1:06:54 GMT

FACCHINETTI said:
> CYBERTERM) posted in May 1992 by Michael Snoswell.
> [...]

Michael moved jobs.  He's now at [email-masked].

The cyberterm project is still on-going (very much so).  You can read about
it in issue 11 and 12 (and the forthcoming 13) of PCVR.  For details send
email to [email-masked].

Chris