Subject: Sega glasses information

From: "Sean Wall, x2494" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 92 16:36:59 EDT

Hi everyone,

        Does anyone have any technical information on the Sega 3D glasses?
(Or info on any shuttering device, for that matter...)  Particularly,
the waveforms involved and some theory on LClenses.  Thanks!

                                -Sean Wall
                                  ([email-masked])

---

From: [email-masked] (David Taylor)
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 1992 10:25:36 +0800

More info about SEGA glasses can be found on tin under alt.virtual-worlds 
sometimes.
Also check out the ftp site sugrfx.acs.syr.edu in the /pub/vr directory.
They often have articles and documents about 3d viewing techniques.

I gather that sega (and other shutter glasses can't be used with any availible
video displays, as the update rate is not fast enough, though they might work
if you had a fast non-interlaced SVGA display.

Anyway, if you find out any way of CHEAP three dimensional viewing, please let me know.

David Taylor

"Please Don't Bend"