Subject: New setup for REND386 list

From: Bernie Roehl <broehl>
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 93 11:27:33 EDT

In anticipation of an increase in readership (and traffic!) I have now
converted the two rend386 lists over to use the Majordomo mailing-list
software.  (I looked at the "listserv" package, but decided it was too
complex).

This is our first time using the package, so please be patient if there
are any problems.

If you're happy with the way things are, feel free to skip the rest of
this message.

The only difference from what we've been doing up to now is that
all subscription and unsubscription requests should now be sent to
[email-masked] instead of [email-masked],
and are of the following form:

      subscribe rend386-announce
      subscribe rend386-discuss

These will add you to the announcement and discussion lists, respectively.
You're probably already on both lists, so you probably shouldn't need to
subscribe.

To unsubscribe to either list, just use "unsubscribe" instead of "subscribe".

If you like, you can also send the following messages to majordomo:

       which
       info rend386-announce
       info rend386-discuss

The 'which' command tells you which of the lists you're on.  The 'info'
commands will mail you a copy of the "welcome to the list" messages.

If you're *really* curious about all this, you can send a 'help' command
to majordomo and it'll mail you back a detailed list of its commands.

You can have multiple commands in one mail message to majordomo.  All the
commands must be in the body of the message, not in the subject line.

Again, please be patient with any problems.  Thanks.