Subject: Extrusion in OGRE

From: [email-masked] (David Boeren)
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 94 01:58:30 -0500

At user request, I have added another new object type into OGRE.  It
allows you to extrude a single n-pointed convex polygon to a specified
height.  Since this is a pretty minor addition, I am asking you all
whether I should
A.  Upload the new EXE and SRC zipfiles as 5.01 or something.
B.  Remove the "convex" limitation and then upload.
C.  Hang on to it until I get more new stuff becasue it's such a piddly
    upgrade.

And just how annoying IS the restriction to convex polys?  You can VERY
easily model any convex extrusion as more than one extrusion type, since you
give 2D cartesian coords for the poly points.  Couldn't be easier.  

Or maybe someone has an idea for a more new capabilities so we can get up
to at least a 5.1 upgrade and be worth sending, huh?

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 94 14:59:02 -0700

Why should it be any harder to do concave polys?  Or maybe have two
functions - extrude convex, extrude concave.  (Maybe need to register
to do concave or something? <g>)

What type of extrusion is it?  (I haven't had a chance to see OGRE yet
because I have no way of getting files off the InterNet and don't want
to fool around with UUE mail.  Maybe you could send me a UUE of a .ZIP
or something?  How big is the UUE of the executables? (don't care about source))

(I'm assuming OGRE is for DOS.)

Joshua Shagam