Subject: New DEMO4

From: Chris Hand <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 92 13:23:28 BST

Just to report that the new, improved DEMO4 works with SEGA glasses
on my machine as well.

BUT -- I get 2 *very faint* "ghost" images of all objects (or the ones
I'm looking at anyway, such as the rotating sculpture).  There is one
ghost image to the left and one to the right of the "real" object, about
2cm away on my display.

I had to set up my own STEREOSET parameters to be able to view the
3-D images properly, due to the fact that I'm using a 12" B/W VGA monitor.
(I couldn't get my eyes to converge the images otherwise.  What exactly
does the "Convergence" parameter describe?  Diagrams anyone?)

I'm also using an OAK VGA card, so the odds aren't in my favour to start
with!  The feeling of depth in the image is very strong though.

How much would using a B/W monitor affect things (persistence of mono
phosphors etc...)?  I've been told that there's a slight problem with 
the colour green on Colour Monitors due to the low transmittance of
green through LC panels -- has anyone noticed this?

Chris

-- 
Chris Hand, Lecturer                Internet mail: [email-masked]
Dept of Computing Science,          Voice: +44 533 551551 x8476
De Montfort University, The Gateway,  Fax: +44 533 541891  FIDOnet: 2:440/32.50
LEICESTER, UK   LE1 9BH        >> NB: E-mail Address Changed 4-Sep-92! <<