Subject: sega glasses

From: [email-masked]
Date: 30 Mar 1994 12:12:38 -0500 (EST)

So..

My powerglove works fine...now, on to the shutter glasses.

I have a pair of Sega glasses...made the parallel interface modification..and 
noticed a couple things..

1) I can't get the monitor to go into 'flicker' mode..(yes, I've checked the
config file).  I select everything recommended (I'm following the book
"Virtual Reality Creations")..but no go.  Does anyone have a config file that
*definitely* works?  If someone could mail me a devices.cfg and a rend386.cfg
file that works with the powerglove and Sega glasses (parallel port connection),
I would be very grateful.

2) On the diagram for the parallel port interface for the glasses in the book
VRC, they note two pins on the port called D3 and D4....but when I look at all
the diagrams of the interface circuitry, I only see references to pin D3 on the
parallel port.....where does D4 connect to? (aside from +5V, GND, and D3, there
are no other connections to be made.

I'm using the parallel interface with the mods to the Sega module card (looks
funky with all those wires jumping the pins on the card..heh!)

---

From: Donald James Sawdai <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Mar 1994 14:44:25 +0000

>funky with all those wires jumping the pins on the card..heh!)

Where did this setup originate?  Does it drive the glasses better than the 
serial port interface?  How is it powered (just 5V from the parallel port?  the
drive is low, and it could burn the port)?  If possible, I would like to use the
parallel port for both the PowerGlove and the Sega glasses, which would free up a
serial port and an IRQ...

Does any software support the parallel interface Sega glasses?

Does this imply that someone has the logic diagram and pinouts for the Sega
module card?

Thanks,
Don Sawdai