Subject: Bitmaps, Gossamer/Mac, + Rend descendants

From: Paul Nagai <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 1994 00:11:14 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks to those who responded with tips on other possible software. I 
haven't yet had a chance to go find, retrieve, and play with these 
software suggestions so I can't comment yet. However, Geoff, asked if I had 
had any responses yet and my forwards all bounced from his "preferred" 
address. I hope he's still here, I don't have his other address (on AOL) 
anymore.

So, summing up:

A. Gonni <[email-masked]> thought that XOX or VREAM might do 
what I was looking for. Said VREAM demo was available in: Adventures in 
Virtual Reality, Pub: QUE, Auth: Tom Hayward. Also mentioned he thought a 
demo of an " ... attempt" to hack REND386 so that it could support bitmaps
might be available at sunee.uwaterloo.ca via ftp. Said it required a fast 
machine!

Yueshi Lai <[email-masked]> thought ASK3D might do what 
I was looking for.

Tangentially, it would be nice if, by posting, I didn't subject myself to 
forty or fifty undeliverable mail bounces. I still have these in a log if 
the list administrator would like to look at them and perhaps at least 
remove the bouncing addresses from the list. I sent mail direct to 
rend386-discuss-owner, but haven't yet received a response.

Thanks again, and anyone having additional information related to 3D 
software that can induct bitmap images and display them in a 3D space, 
I'd like to hear more about it.

------
Paul Nagai:  [email-masked]
47 Galleries, The Virtual Gallery Company