Subject: Mailing list for Raytracing?

From: Kon Wilms <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 94 14:13:44 SADT

Hi All,

I know this isn't the right place but I have no where else to try -

Does anyone have any details on raytracing-type mailing lists? I want
to subscribe to one. Right now I'm using 3ds on PC and Imagine on the
Amiga. Basically, any raytracing mailing list would be a must.

Later

--
                                               ___________   __________
                                              |           | |          \ 
Name ................ Kon "ToneDEF" Wilms     |______     | |_______    |       
Address .......... [email-masked]          |      |  |   |__|   |
                                                   |______|  |_________/     
Food of preference ................ Pizza     
Car ....................... Fiat Uno Fire    " The only good sixpack     
Recreational Beverage ...... Amstel Lager                 is a downed one "
Sound system  ....... 2x50w & 2x250w Sony

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 03 Feb 94 12:10:47 -0700

Why 3DS? Use a REAL raytracer like Povray!

You can get this off America OnLine, Compuserve, many BBSses, and also
an anonymous ftp to ftp.u.washington.edu.

Joshua Shagam

---

From: Eric J Pierce <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 1994 13:24:36 -0500 (EST)

> an anonymous ftp to ftp.u.washington.edu.
Joshua,
	I could not find povray on ftp.u.washington.edu.  However my
local archie gave me this:

Host ftp.uni-kl.de

    Location: /pub3/pc/dos/graphics/Raytrace
      DIRECTORY drwxrwxr-x        512  Oct 18 13:23  povray

	Where on ftp.u.washington.edu is povray?

                          Thanks,
                                      - Eric
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric J. Pierce
Dynamic Automated Systems, Inc.                voice: (617) 551-8400
910 Washington Street                          fax:   (617) 551-8404
Norwood, MA  02062                             email: [email-masked]