Subject: .plg files

From: [email-masked]
Date: 26 Jan 95 22:15:20 EST

I'm cheap and still use Rend386 and Avril. Could some one at least ack 
that they received this msg. My question is does a shareware .n3d file 
to .plg converter exist on the net ? I'm working on a converter but it 
has many bugs, as well as being slow. Is anybody else writing or is writing 

or has written a converter for the Northcad 3d shareware version CAD 
program ?
Thanks.
[email-masked]
SOMEONE PLEASE ACK I'm sending mail to the proper address for response 
!!

---

From: William Meredith <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 22:57:33 -0500 (EST)

> SOMEONE PLEASE ACK I'm sending mail to the proper address for response 
Take a look at Bernie Roehl`s "PLAYING GOD." I believe that version of 
NorthCAD outputs *.plg files directly. I don`t have my copy here right 
now so I can`t check it for you, but I think it does.
PS Yes this is a response.
Hope this helps.

Bill Meredith
[email-masked]

HMD

---

From: Lane Copley <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 1995 20:38:18 -0800 (PST)

> or has written a converter for the Northcad 3d shareware version CAD 

Yes.  Don't freak, REND386 isn't being used very much.  That's why this 
list is so quiet.  I can't answer your other questions, though, but I 
believe there _is_ a converter (FTP cdrom.com, check the simtel mirror 
site).  

--
Lane Copley
  Je suis terrarement du tout les produits du lait.
  Deiner Film mit den explitzit insectenschadenfreude sehr interessant war.

---

From: Bill McColl <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 1995 12:36:33 -0700 (PDT)

I do not know. But does anyone know of a DXF23DS converter. Anyway If 
anyone can tell me if there is a way to use 3D-Studio animations for 
interaction with rend-386...... Is there a new version of REND-386, I 
have version 5..............
			[email-masked]

---

From: William Meredith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 1995 09:19:28 -0400 (EDT)

> 			[email-masked]
Simply buy Bernie`s book "Playing God." There are various utilities to do 
these types of conversions. Also there is a lot of code from Avril in 
there, with some of the original REND386 code/drivers so it really is 
sorta version 6.
Hope this helps.

Bill Meredith
[email-masked]

Director, Virtual Reality Alliance of Students and Professionals (VRASP)
Executive Vice President, Veterans Bedside Network
Executive Director, Project Viarta - Bronx Veterans Affairs Medical Center
Owner, CyberCom

HMD

---

From: William Meredith <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 1995 09:26:08 -0400 (EDT)

> 			[email-masked]
Oh yes, I don`t know of any way to use the 3ds animations in Rend because 
they are simply a series of keyframes that are pre-rendered and then sent 
out as a fli or tga format. REND386 is rendering each frame in real time 
and uses an internal loop to create or play an animation at each state of 
rendering. Again, I would refer you to Playing God for more details. 
HTH

Bill Meredith
[email-masked]

etc

HMD