Subject: Need help with PowerGlove and demo4.

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 1992 23:36:12 -0400 (EDT)

I'm trying to use a PowerGlove with "demo4".
I always get the message "Waiting for glove..." and no matter
what I do with the glove, nothing appens.

I'm using a Compaq Deskpro 4/33i.
The glove is connected via the printer port.
(info taken from a file written by Bill [[email-masked]])
The power (5v + gnd) comes from an internal drive connector.

All seems to be connected the way it suppose to be and the glove
works fine on a Nintendo.

Is there anything I have to setup for the printer port ?
Do I have to do something special with the glove
or just the same thing that I do when using it on a Nintendo ?
Anything else to check ?

Maybe the answer is trivial. I'm not an IBM expert since I do
most of my work on a Mac. But it's easier to hook up a PowerGlove
to an IBM and Rend386 is a very good package, so I would like to
get it up an running as soon as possible (meaning this weekend,
so I could make a demo at work next week).

Thanks.

Denis Vallee
[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Joseph D. Gradecki)
Date: Sat, 5 Sep 92 08:47:30 -0600

Denis,

  Make sure that the test.exe program works with your glove and the machine.
Then recheck all of the connections.  

joe