Subject: REND - How should I...

From: Chris Kwasnicki <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 1993 19:35:11 -0400 (EDT)

Greetings all - since this is my first time talking on this list (actually
any list :) I'll be polite and introduce myself.  I'm Chris Kwasnicki from
NYC.  During the day I'm a UNIX administrator at a large Wall St. firm. 
I'm very interested in VR because it's cool and I think full immersion VR
can be a great tool in the right situations, and fun in most others.  I've
been a lurker on Compuserve for the past year+, on the nets for the past 3
months.  I've spent this year working on a homebrewed render before
deciding that I was just duplicating work, so I've been working with
REND386 for the last couple of months.

Now that I've wasted bandwidth :) , here comes some questions.  What is
the future trend for REND386 worlds - to be entirely coded using the
animation language (which is pretty good but obviously isn't as
general/efficent(?) as C), or to use some combination of the animation
language and C, or just C?  Should I be thinking about creating worlds via
extending the animation language (new keywords), as against just creating
a new executable?  Would new keywords slow down the system? When is the source
code for V5 becoming available?  

Thanks,

Chris