Subject: UK VR-SIG: Midlands chapter

From: Chris Hand <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Dec 93 03:37:32 GMT

UK VIRTUAL REALITY SPECIAL INTEREST GROUP 

           ANNOUNCING THE UK-VRSIG MIDLANDS CHAPTER

The UK-VRSIG is a group of academics and professionals who
work with and/or study the tools, effects and implications
of Virtual Reality.  The group was set up to improve communication
between groups of workers and researchers, to allow sharing of
facilities and to promote interchange of ideas.

The newly-formed Midlands chapter of the UK-VRSIG will bring
together VR people throughout the area: Derby, Leicester, 
Loughborough, Nottingham etc.

It is expected that meetings will take place on a regular (-ish)
basis, in the form of both face-to-face meetings/seminars, evenings
down the pub and on-line "virtual meetings".

                     *  *  *

           WHAT TO DO IF YOU WANT TO JOIN

In the first instance contact Chris Hand (e-mail preferably),
giving details of your institution/company and its physical
location.  When the amount of interest has been judged, steps
will be taken to arrange the first meeting.

The current objective is to have at least one meeting, be it
virtual or physical, before Christmas.

                     *  *  *

Any queries may be addressed to:

	Chris Hand, Dept of Computing Science,
	De Montfort University, The Gateway, Leicester, LE1 9BH

	Fax: 0533 541891
	e-mail: [email-masked]