Subject: Glove Problems

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 94 22:14:45 EST

Hello to everyone on the list....

I recently built the Power Glove interface as described in the text. Upon
starting the software the message "waiting for glove" appears and nothing
else happened.

As long as your wiring is correct and you made the corrections in the .cfg
file your glove should come up.

If not, look for IRQ conflicts. Its really simple, LPT1 and LPT2 are
associated with IRQs 7 and 5 respectively. Although printing does not require
an IRQ the IRQs may be used by some other device.

In my case I have an ProAudio Spectrum sound card. It is configured to use
IRQ 10 and also, IRQ 7 for Sound Blaster emulation.

In my config.sys I simply disabled Sound Blaster Emulation, problem solved.

I hope this is useful to others.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 94 08:13:53 CST

I recently built the Power Glove interface as described in the 
          text. Upon starting the software the message "waiting for glove" 
          appears and nothing else happened.

          As long as your wiring is correct and you made the corrections in 
          the .cfg file your glove should come up.

          If not, look for IRQ conflicts. Its really simple, LPT1 and LPT2 
          are associated with IRQs 7 and 5 respectively. Although printing 
          does not require an IRQ the IRQs may be used by some other device.

          In my case I have an ProAudio Spectrum sound card. It is 
          configured to use IRQ 10 and also, IRQ 7 for Sound Blaster 
          emulation.

          In my config.sys I simply disabled Sound Blaster Emulation, problem 
          solved.

If you don't have an LPT2:, you may be better off configuring your Sound Blaster
emulation for IRQ5.  In this configuration, I have only had one conflict, and 
that was with poorly-written software that did not allow IRQ re-configuration.