Subject: Use

From: "Sean Wall, x3736" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 1994 9:47:10 -0500 (EST)

Hi all,

        In response to the question "What are we using Rend for?", I
did use it in my masters thesis on modelling flight control systems.
I wrote my own code using the Rend386 libraries, including using
the PowerGlove and the Sega glasses.  It turned out pretty well.
My advisor really got a kick out of it.  By the way, I found out
that using a really quiet power supply for the glove makes
the tracking much smoother.  I was originally pulling +5V
power from the joystick port on my PC and I was experiencing a lot
of jitter in the glove response, even after deglitching and hysteresis.
I then built a +5V source using a 9 volt battery and a 7805 voltage
regulator and the glove response immediately improved.  I guess I was
picking up noise from the PC in using the joystick port (ground loop
or something...)  Anyway, using Rend helped tremendously since I didn't
have to write the graphics engine.

-Sean

 ([email-masked])

"I wish I had a witty saying to put at the bottom of MY mail messages."
   -No one in particular