Subject: VR Basic

From: [email-masked] (Dave Lundberg)
Date: Thu, 3 Mar 1994 13:39:36 -0800

I just attended the Intermedia Conference in San Jose CA and saw the Waite
Group selling something called "VR BASIC".  It is essentially REND386.  The
have added a menu bar and a simple text editor.  I asked if it was REND386
and was told that it "uses the REND386 engine", but that they added a lot
of other things. 
It was selling for $55.

Anyone know what the relationship between REND386 authors and Waite is for
this product ?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
David Lundberg,                 The question isn't "do machines think",
Kaleida Labs, Inc.              It's "do men think".
[email-masked]                         
(415) 966-0849

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 94 12:39:08 -0700

>>and was told that it "uses the REND386 engine", but that they added a lot

I don't know, but where can I get this?  (Sounds like VRS on steroids,
y'know, the anabolic kind?)

Joshua Shagam

>>The question isn't "do machines think",
>>It's "do men think".

Well, that depends... :D