Subject: What Is VR - posted doc

From: Jerry Isdale <[email-masked]>
Date: 01 Apr 93 12:31:44 EST

Hi folks,
 Last nite i posted my "What Is VR? A Homebrew Introduction" to Sunee's
incoming area. The file, whatisvr.zip, should be available for downloading by
the time you receive this. It is about 30K and prints out to maybe 25-30 pages.

 Aside from giving a background on VR technology, basics of a VR program, etc.,
the file gives a list of US and international VRSIGs, FTP sites, Internet
newsgroups, VR Journals/newsletters, VR Books, Computer Graphics and other
background books, a short list of some academic research labs, and a list of
commercial companies involved with VR.
 In short, it is your basic all round introduction to VR.
 If anyone has comments or suggestions or corrections, please send them to me! 

Jerry Isdale,
 i.e. Isdale Engineering
 Project (Cheer)Leader, Group 3 (Compuserve based Homebrew VR)
 Member VRASP, LA-VRSIG

(I'll be putting this file on some other FTP & BBS sites when I have time. Feel
free to copy and distribute the file anywhere you wish)