Subject: A few questions about Rend386 and vid_pages!

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1993 09:11:00 -0500

Hello
        I am newbie of sorts to graphics programming so please don't flame if
these questions are silly. I have been trying to go through the rend386 code to
help me learn how to better my graphics programming and I have a couple
questions.

1)  I have been looking at the assembly code that does all the video-page
changes, clearing, and switching. Mind you I don't understand assembly at all
and I was wondering if there was a way to do fast video page switches,and
clears in regular c++, using the registers and video interrupt? I have tried
doing this stuff with the "bgi" libraries and quite frankly I could draw my
screens faster by hand.

2)  The Rend386 logo! Where is the data and or code that generates it? I don't
understand how it is created. I created my own logo but I did it with an array
sending the colors directly to the vga-memory via a farptr. I ended up with an
array that was 64k. Is there an easier way to make logo fonts?

3)  Could somebody PLEASE point me in the right direction to find a
"intermediate" c++ vga-graphics book that would answer questions like these so
I won't have to bother this newsgroup or others like it.

4)  Could someone point me to a mail gateway to the usenet so I can ask
questions like this in a group that is more closely linked to general
questions.

Thanks in Advance

Stephen Palm
[email-masked]