Subject: Stop Congress From Gutting Environmental Protections!

From: [email-masked]
Date: 22 Feb 1995 20:08:07 GMT

******************************************************************
                  S.O.S. - SAVE OUR STATUTES!
******************************************************************
2/21/95 ... The Environmental Defense Fund asks you to CALL your 
Representative NOW, before the House votes this week on whether 
to undo 25 years of environmental safeguards that protect our 
health and safety. Call the Capitol Switchboard at 202-225-3121 
to be connected to your Representative. Tell him or her to vote 
AGAINST H.R.9 (Job Creation & Wage Enhancement Act) and H.R.450 
(Regulatory Transition Act). These bills would let polluters 
block new safeguards and roll back existing ones. The bills would 
create obstructions that The New York Times called "a recipe for 
paralysis."  Your help IS urgently needed.  Please call now! Send 
email to [email-masked] for more information. To receive 
FUTURE environmental alerts by email, write [email-masked], 
with your name and postal address in the message area. Thank You!
******************************************************************
         This message posted on behalf of [email-masked].