Subject: [News] EmNet/fSU/Phase-II DRAFT MEMO

From: "Nikolai N. Repin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 94 19:19:16 +0300

====================================================================
			DRAFT MEMO

Euromath Network and Services, former Soviet Union, Phase II (EmNet/fSU/II)
___________________________________________________________________________

EmNet aims at facilitating collaborative work and the open exchange of
ideas within the mathematical community at large by means of modern
computing and computer networking techniques. EmNet/fSU is part of
EmNet and addresses the need in fSU in a way which pays special
attention to the specific problems and also the huge potential and
opportunities in this region. The project is not directly orientated
towards mathematical research work, but can, in the medium and the
long term, contribute significantly to improve the fSU research
infrastructure, thereby diminishing further brain drain, and open for
manysided collaboration, also including industry.

Following the successful initiation of Phase I of EmNet/fSU, supported
by the INTAS organization in Brussels, we will prepare for an
extension to start in 1995 with the ambitious aim to encompass the
academic mathematical community at large in fSU. We will respond to
the call for 1994 from INTAS (deadline April 8th!) by submitting a
Declaration of Intent. In order to be able to finalize the paperwork
in time, a brief letter from potentially interested fSU-partners must
reach the undersigned Coordinator not later than Friday, March 25th.

Further information and guidelines regarding the procedure to be
followed by eventual partners is obtainable from the two sources
indicated below. We strongly urge interested parties to access the
information via the two Gopher servers given. The gopher server in
Moscow is expected to make some of the material available in russian.

On behalf of EmNet/fSU project,

Flemming Topsoe
 Coordinator

=======================================================================
Flemming Topsoe                   |  [email-masked]
Mathematics Institute             |  +45 31 35 48 31 (or 35 32 07 32)
Copenhagen University             |  +45 35 32 07 23 (messages)
Universitetsparken 5              |  +45 42 89 09 08 (home)
DK-2100 Copenhagen                |  +45 35 32 07 19 (fax)
Denmark                           |
Other affiliations: European Mathematical Trust, Canterbury 
                    Euromath Center, Copenhagen (EmC)
EmC Gopher: login as gopher on gopher.euromath.dk
=======================================================================
Nikolai N. Repin                  |  [email-masked]
Information and Publishing        |  +7 (095) 938-1902 (or 938-5817)
Department,                       |  +7 (095) 938-1812 (messages)
Mathematical Branch RAS,          |  +7 (095) 140-8391 (home)
Steklov Mathematical Institute.   |  +7 (095) 938-1466 (fax)
2012, Leninsky 32a, Moscow,       |
GSP-1, 117334, Russia             |

IPS Gopher server:  gopher.ac.msk.su (193.124.148.73) login gopher
IPS WWW    server:  www.ac.msk.su    (193.124.148.73) 
==========================END DRAFT===================================